German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went for a walk around the neighborhood, we ran across a bulldog hiding behind a bush who pounced out on leash. The owners were there and we just walked past. Then we got about 100 yards away and the guy was doing training- beating his dog!!! I called them out loudly and told him numerous swear words and he was a bleep for beating his dog. The lady told me to f off and I called her a b. Then the dude charged, It seemed fight on. He wound up to be a very short stubborn foreigner. He tried to get me to fight but I wouldnt start it. I told him over and over I was coming back for his address and animal control would be called and now im headed over to get his address.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just went for a walk around the neighborhood, we ran across a bulldog hiding behind a bush who pounced out on leash. The owners were there and we just walked past. Then we got about 100 yards away and the guy was doing training- beating his dog!!! I called them out loudly and told him numerous swear words and he was a bleep for beating his dog. The lady told me to f off and I called her a b. Then the dude charged, It seemed fight on. He wound up to be a very short stubborn foreigner. He tried to get me to fight but I wouldnt start it. I told him over and over I was coming back for his address and animal control would be called and now im headed over to get his address.
It's good you did the right thing but I wouldn't of called him out there and then, I would of recorded it for evidence and come back with animal control just to avoid any physical contact. I know it must of been hard not to call him out via witnessing the abuse but still I hope that b gets what he deserves

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cops are talking to him now, apparently no animal control in this city. He came out calling me names as the cops were pulling up:D
I would guess now he will beat his dog indoors.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
That would be hard to keep quiet when someone is abusing their dog right in front of you. Glad the police were able to respond. You say neighborhood, does this guy know where you live?

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
ok, the guy was abusing his dog in your opinon. you had a few words
and you called his wife a "B". he should have dropped you on the spot.
you started calling people names first.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is what he was mad about, he wouldnt care enough about the dog to fight over it. I was wrong, but when a woman swears at me I swear back- womens lib and all. That stuff about dropping me? - that type of action is for jailbirds and children. He tried following me home, but I stopped and told him he could do what he wanted right there. He doesnt know where I live in this maze of streets, and I rarely ever walked past his house, ill avoid it somewhat. Apache did great, I forgot I had her by my side until we were walking away. He also threatened my dog as we walked away- bad news for him if anything happens to her.

In the end- a major issue got made of him hitting his dog.

·
Registered
176 Posts
you started calling people names

IMO if a woman isn't going to act like a lady she shouldn't be expected to be treated like one. The beef was between the guys.

I glad appropriate actions were taken

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
1 >>>>> a woman swears at you and you swear back, oooooo.

2 >>>>> dropping is for anyone that would call a woman a "B". who would drop a child?

That is what he was mad about, he wouldnt care enough about the dog to fight over it.

1 >>>>> I was wrong, but when a woman swears at me I swear back- womens lib and all. <<<<<

2 >>>> That stuff about dropping me? - that type of action is for jailbirds and children.<<<<<

He tried following me home, but I stopped and told him he could do what he wanted right there. He doesnt know where I live in this maze of streets, and I rarely ever walked past his house, ill avoid it somewhat. Apache did great, I forgot I had her by my side until we were walking away. He also threatened my dog as we walked away- bad news for him if anything happens to her.

In the end- a major issue got made of him hitting his dog.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
What exactly does, "dropping" mean?

·
Registered
32,417 Posts
I understand that emotions were running high but next time use your phone to call 911 and take a video. That way there is evidence of the abuse.

Second, regarding the treatment of the woman...Many years ago, I was 1 of 6 women that worked in a division with 400 men...There is nothing I hate more than a woman who acts like a man and then pulls the "I'm a girl" card. Sorry...you want to act like a man? Then you get to be treated like one.

However, the OP could have handled the whole situation with a lot more couth. Responding by calling her a B and then describing the man as a "very short stubborn foreigner" doesn't speak to highly for him either.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
What exactly does, "dropping" mean?
Urban Dictionary: drop
v. 1. To knock someone over, usually associated with the first hit in a fight.

Ever since I started reading this thread I can't get the song MACHO MAN out of my head ... maybe a cup of hot cocoa will clear my brain.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Here's a small bit of free advice from a woman.....when a woman is angry and acting like an idiot...ignore her. Seriously, woman hate that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
you started calling people names first.
He was BEATING a dog.

And name-calling is NOT provocation to hit someone unless you are in elementary school. Ask the cops.

Geeze you're a piece of work, aren't you?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didnt have my phone, I have to start carrying it all the time. And my doggie treat bag has pepperspray, I should carry that also- because I need to treat her more on walks. The guy mustve been 5'4, and was asking me to repeat what I said like some schoolyard stuff,that alleviated most of my fear after his initial charge.
Im glad me and apache kept our cool, he called me out for being drunk and I said thats good because if I wasnt drunk I may have just walked away.

·
Registered
32,417 Posts
wait...you were drunk?

Regardless of a man's height..you have no idea what his fighting skill is or if he's carrying a gun. So don't go thinking you are to tough.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I never got agressive or talked fighting, just his dog abuse. But Id rather have a 5'4 crazy guy run up on me than a 6'4 guy:laugh: I had 4 beers, the guy was in my face almost nose to nose and said he smelt me drinking. I told him he smelled like tortillas and he admitted to eating nachos LOL I kinda think he was greek.

I was sober enough to call cops and wait on the street for them and it wasnt an issue for them.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I heard him saying down and I was surprised because most bulldogs arent trained. I looked to watch the training and he cocked his fist, pulled back and hit it with a hook to the face.:eek: He did pull back at the end, not knocking her out but the dog hadnt even done anything wrong other than not down. I can excuse some old school methods but...

I yelled thats not how to train a dog an he was an a buthole, they responded and then it all happened.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So let me get this straight. You were stumbling around the neighborhood under the influence of alcohol. You stumble across someone training their dog on their own property and correcting the dog for not downing. You then proceed to start yelling obscenities at these folks who are on their own property training their own dog. You then call the police on these folks because they took exception to your foul language and challenged you over it. Then you went on your computer to brag about your foul behavior. Does that sum it up? You sound like a real class act.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well it was condos, with a walkway that goes within 15 feet of everyones sliding door. I know what an abuser looks like when I see it, he wasnt training anything but fear. My initial reaction was to tell them off and give them a hint that what they think is acceptable isnt. The guy reacted like a 14 year old so he got the cops called.
The whole stumbling around thing? that was 5 hours ago and im not stumbling around yet.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.