German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night right after the super bowl we heard a noise outside. I turned to my husband and said I bet the trash can blew over.
I few seconds later I hear my husband yelling outside. I run out there to see this car ramming my sons car back and forth 4 times, then smashing through our carport!! My husband was banging on the car, and so was I, yelling at the guy to stop.
He then drives past me (almost hitting me) and speeds through the rest of our yard.
Damage incurred includes: my beautiful XUV fender smashed, my sons little car completely totaled, our $20,000 carport hanging to one side with 2 poles completely demolished.

Did my dogs bark??? nope, nothing!! ha ha
But if my neighbor starts her car or my other neighbor even sneezes outside, my dogs are inside in a barking frenzy LOL

Oh, they caught the person right away, turns out it was a 16 yr old kid, we knew his parents too! They came back over to access their sons destruction and it will all be fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh man! That's not something you want to experience in a night o_O
Good thing you got the person responsible right away.

The dogs probably thought you had it under control then :p

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
If this was my kid, it would make my wonder what my son did that caused this? Sounds like the kid was out for revenge. Doesn't make it right. But we'd be having a long talk and "I don't know" wouldn't be an acceptable answer.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
If this was my kid, it would make my wonder what my son did that caused this? Sounds like the kid was out for revenge. Doesn't make it right. But we'd be having a long talk and "I don't know" wouldn't be an acceptable answer.
"Doesn't make it right" doesn't come close to what that kid did to his parents.

They have over 20 000 Dollars worth of damage. Not even a stolen girlfriend justifies any of that. That kind of debt can drive people into bankruptcy if they don't have the insurance covering for it. It was a highly criminal act. He could have killed somebody. What if somebody was in that carport? What if he hit Krystyne?

Come one. Even though you see that kind of stuff in the movies... YOU JUST DONT GET AWAY WITH IT! And I hope that kid is grounded for life, that his car-keys are being taken away and that he will lose his drivers license over it!

He's got some criminal energy and one wonders what else he's capable off.

·
Registered
32,034 Posts
While I agree with part of that I do have to add, I have a teenaged son and I can say that nothing another person did would justify that. This isn't a small thing that happened. Thousands of dollars worth of property destroyed and a woman almost got run over. If I'm the parent of the kid that did that, I don't care what the other kid did that made my child think that was appropriate. I'm signing his butt up for some anger management classes and letting him do community service to pay for the damages at the minimum. He would have a crash course in 'tough love'.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I specifically said it doesn't make it right, I'm well aware it's criminal.

My point was - she needs to use this opportunity to talk to her kid and find out what's going on that initiated this.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Krystyne, Do you know why he did this? That is insane, and very scary.

My dog is the same way. Barks at the little old lady walking down the street, or the mom pushing the baby stroller. The sketchy people that walk by? Huh? What sketchy people?

Every spring I cover my porch with gorgeous potted plants. A few years back, it was spring, the windows were open, my dog was sleeping beneath the window....imagine my shock when I woke up the next morning and most of my plants were gone. That dog was sleeping on the job. Didn't hear a thing. GEEZ!

·
Registered
32,034 Posts
I specifically said it doesn't make it right, I'm well aware it's criminal.

My point was - she needs to use this opportunity to talk to her kid and find out what's going on that initiated this.
And I understood and agree with that.

My point was - if the kid that did this was mine....I wouldn't care what the other kid did that made him 'think' it was appropriate. Those actions are definitely over the top.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, it turned out we knew the parents (small town)
The kid wasn't suppose to be driving past a certain street. We, including his father, think he was doing something illegal. Either he had drugs or a gun in the car and was afraid of going to jail.
They are taking him for a drug test this morning.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The kid said he had his cell phone , I said well even if you were scared then you should have waved your phone and called your family. Instead he fled and went somewhere unknown because the police were at his house and the parents never knew or heard from the kid until they caught him. It wasn't revenge just a stupid kid trying to cover his tracks. I know he had something he was hiding.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found out he has been kicked out of school and his father said he is a gang banger . So I say he had a gun or dope he had to stash first. Apparently they have had multiple problems with him. Though I am not sure why they would allow him to drive a car then LOL

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Okay, I know this is probably sad to say, but did you get pictures of the damage. I'm intrested to see what the damage looks like. It really sucks it had to happen to you, and I have to bet after it happened you were like WTF, did that just happen? I swear that would be my response, you see that stuff in the news or in action movies.... LOL!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, apparently I was screaming like a crazy lady...I love my car and liked my sons I paid for too hahah
My son runs out , looks at his car and says to me "mom calm down, it is just a car. Are you okay, that's what is important." Good kid.
Now he keeps laugh because he said I was screaming too much haha

I will stick a picture on here in a second.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I would have screamed too, probably just the way you were. It's not something you'd EXPECT EVER, or even think one day "oh if this were to happen how would I react". That is a CRAZY scenario. I woulda tried to kick the car though! LMFAO! LIKE STOP IT, pull a "300, this is Sparta" kinda kick! LMFAO!!!!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My car is the XUV with the GSD sticker on it, hit on bottom. Our commercial grade Carport and my sons little car smashed up. it was parked behind mine.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the other side, this morning. I am waiting for insurance to show up. We have 5-8 inch of snow expected in 2 days..hope the carport can make it.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Sorry, I find humor in that last sentence.

it was parked behind mine.
Sorry. I'm a little immature like that sometimes!! LOL!! Oh your poor cars!!! Does his car turn on so it could be moved so you could get out, not like that kid didn't move it enough for you... just wondering if yours sons car is DONE DONE, or just DONE. LOL!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
This is the other side, this morning. I am waiting for insurance to show up. We have 5-8 inch of snow expected in 2 days..hope the carport can make it.
Okay, I'd be pissed about my grass too, lol, winters done a killer job killing it anyways.... then he goes and KILLS whats already killed. JEESH. Atleast the kid did a through job.... LOL!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, now we are sort of laughing about it. I dread what it will look like underneath. It is so embarrassing to because people are driving by and pointing LOL I am sure they think one of us drove home drunk and missed the parking mark. haha

My dogs seem nervous too, like they know that car should not be there. My great dane is pacing at the front door , poor thing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts