German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... the waiting.

Kaynya was bred on Aug 5th. 63 days (typical gestation) would be Oct 7th but Kaynya's last two litter only cooked 59 days. :)

So, her estimated due date is this coming Monday - Oct 3rd.

I brought out the whelping box night before last and set it up only to have everybody BUT Kaynya fighting over who got to sleep in it. :)

But today she's in it and giving the evil eye to anyone that tries to join her.

She's not ready yet (at least I don't THINK so) - temp is normal and she's eating like a pig still.

I have the webcam up and running. Right now you'll only see a fat Momma dog - unless she leaves and someone else sneaks in.

Chinese Crested Puppies 2011 on USTREAM: Watch as Kaynya, a hairless Chinese Crested, has her third litter of puppies..

I'll update this thread when things start to happen. :)

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
WOO HOO!!!!!! Also I keep forgetting to ask, who is Fuego? I was away from the forum for a while and when I returned, I noticed a new CC in your sig.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
How old is he? I saw her have 1 litter on the web cam, is he from that litter? (The litter with 1 tan puppy.) Have you posted pics of him recently? I wanna SEE!!!! They are so CUTE!

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Congratulations and good luck. This is when I start biting my nails.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Likely she is just getting comfy in her new digs. She knows she is close, so seeking out her den to have the pups in. Very nice clear cam pic too. She looks good. Sending prayers to you for a safe and uneventful delivery.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How old is he? I saw her have 1 litter on the web cam, is he from that litter? (The litter with 1 tan puppy.) Have you posted pics of him recently? I wanna SEE!!!! They are so CUTE!
He's just over a year old - was born on July 3rd.

I'll have to go through and post some of him in the Pictures forum. :)

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update - Sunday, Oct 2nd 8:00am

Kaynya had a restful night - for the most part. This morning she is showing more signs of nesting in her box.

I looked everywhere for the dog thermometer but can't seem to find it. Will have to go buy a new one today.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
So loving the cam....but that doesnt look like a crested in there with moma (LOL GSD). Can see the one baby bulge moving.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Dawn I think thats one of the babies LMBO!! way over standard, to much hair to LOL

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, right now she's not really interested in staying in the box. You might see Sasha (GSD mix), Tazer (Cocker Spaniel), Spike and Fuego (CC boys) or even a cat or two!! :)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Mauser is gorgeous and looks quite at home in the box!

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Monday Oct 3rd, 9:00 am

Kaynya spent an uneventful night ... wish I could say the same for me. :) I do so LOVE having internet access on my phone!! Every time I woke up I just took a quick peek at the webcam and made sure she was doing ok. It kept me from having to go downstairs and check on her each time. :)

Her temp last night was 99.6 and she ate a very hearty dinner. I'll check with DH to see how she eats this morning and report back.

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
it may be beginning.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope - just rearranging her blanket. Looks like tonight is out. She ate breakfast and dinner and her temp at 8 pm was 100.1.

I'm off to bed. Will keep an eye on her during the night. :)

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
maybe... I got to go as soon as the game is over. Hope she waits until tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Nice cam vid. For the most part, the live cams are hard to see and it's difficult to tell what's what. Of course I get a nice clear butt-view. LOL
I hope I get to see it! How exciting! :D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts