German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Minna has other ideas about how to properly use a treadmill..... :laugh:

They're for sniffing...
PB130035.jpg

sitting...
PB130036.jpg

laying and chewing on a bone...
PB130043.jpg
PB130044.jpg

and being cuteish...
PB130045.jpg

And she's getting so biggg....I remember when she was barely up to Sobacca's chest... :wub:
Twenty-Eight Weeks Old.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
We had to get rid of our treadmill. The dogs kept pulling the laundry off of it before it was dry. :D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Does anyone excercise their dogs with the treadmilll?

eta SO CUTE.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Look at the ears on that girl! ;)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Wow she has gotten so big. I remember when you first got her. She is bigger than her buddy now. She is adorable!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like her kind of exercise!!!;)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I dont have a treadmill, but I know several people that exercise their dogs on one. A lot get them ready for their AD on them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sobacca wants nothing to do with the treadmill. We tried to get him to walk on it, but he was having none of that. Haven't tried with Minna yet.
But I exercise both of mine outside, I walk Minna somewhere between 2 and 3.5 miles and I run Sobacca between 2 and 3 miles -- most days. I need the occasional break though since the exercise with them is my "light exercise" for the day.

It's amazing how quickly they grow. Her ears are still huge though, so I guess she still has a ton of growing to do.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I have a treadmill that I walk on every night and a couple of days ago my GSD decided he'd walk on it with me. :wild:

He walked right next to me and then he kept getting closer and closer to me until he had me stumbling on the sides! I got off and he kept walking on it, it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

:rofl:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's hilarious!!

I could see Minna doing something like that. Sobacca wouldn't bother, he hates the treadmill. Although Minna would probably trip me in her attempt to join.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
That's hilarious!!

I could see Minna doing something like that. Sobacca wouldn't bother, he hates the treadmill. Although Minna would probably trip me in her attempt to join.
Rogue puts his paw on it as if he's trying to make it stop. :crazy:

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I have a treadmill that I walk on every night and a couple of days ago my GSD decided he'd walk on it with me. :wild:

He walked right next to me and then he kept getting closer and closer to me until he had me stumbling on the sides! I got off and he kept walking on it, it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

Wow You are lucky to have him on it willingly. Good way to burn off some energy on a rainy/snowy day.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Wow You are lucky to have him on it willingly. Good way to burn off some energy on a rainy/snowy day.
I never even thought of putting him on it but now that he likes it it will be great for this winter! :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might have to start using it to see if Minna will get on. That'd be a great way to exercise her when I either can't walk her or it's too cold outside or something.
Great ideas!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nash uses one as part of his physical rehab. he loves it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What a beautiful dog, I wish I had a treadmill to occupy myself and Maya during the winter.
Minna has almost the same coloration as Maya...I'm wondering what color Maya will end up being.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
we have a treadmill.... its outside on the back porch. hasnt been used in months! Shasta lays on it when she's outside and jumps back and forth across it for the fun of it. wonder if she'd actually walk on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts