German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I maybe in the wrong forum but not sure where it belongs. I've got an 11 month old GSD that I got from a breeder in NC. She told me that all of her dogs are AKC certified and that my dog is a descendent of RinTinTin. I don't know the last names of the parents but I would like to see her ancestry line and see if she is really an AKC registered dog;. Does anyone know how I can get a ancestry chart without knowing the parents full name. The mother and father first names are Gabi and Optimus and the breeder is called Backroads breeders in Crouse, NC

Thanks for any input,

Mark

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Did she not give you their AKC registration papers? If both parents were registered you should have gotten that.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
363 Posts
If you bought the pup from a breeder and they told you it was AKC registered, you should have gotten the registration papers, and with those you'll have access to the information.

(And are you talking the dog in the RinTinTin tv show? I thought that dog was actually played by several different dogs?)

·
Banned
5,124 Posts
There was a long line of RinTinTins...the original one though did start a pretty "famous" line of dogs. I believe there is a person on here that breeds her RinTinTin 11th generation or something like that female. They were kept a close line because of the reverse mask they produced.

Without knowing the full-registered names you have no way of finding the pedigree. You can look up those names on AKC and see if something pops up, but there could be hundreds of registered Gabis and Optimuses. On top of that...those could be their call names which may be nothing like their registered names. If you google the kennel name and nothing comes up...you're probably out of luck and its unlikely either dog was registered...if they were registered, you'd have registration documents.

What was her reason for not registering the litter if both dogs are AKC registered? Makes no sense...that's probably the number one thing 99% of owners look for when purchasing a pure bred dog. AKC pedigrees.

·
Registered
710 Posts
There was an original Rin Tin Tin. And he has many, many descendents, and many incarnations of himself. :) (Hear that on NPR.) An American soldier found the puppy in a bombed out dog kennel in Europe and brought him home.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It could just be one of their selling points. I really wouldn't count on it. Your dog would have come with AKC registration papers if it is able to be registered with the AKC. I guess I would just be questioning how much this breeder really knows without doing any sort of health testing, wanting puppies to be picked up by 5 weeks of age, and charging over $1000 for a pup. I am relly not trying to be rude, so please don't take it personally, but it sounds like they are just trying to make a quick buck.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Which Rin Tin Tin is the supposed ancestor?
The original movie Rin Tin Tin's descendants were a disappointment so they used
the puppies from one of his son's doubles.
Any chance of getting a Rin Tin Tin descendant is about the same as winning Powerball.
Not only that, his genes would be extremely diluted... to the point of being almost nonexistent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts