German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this morning Chloe went to the potty, just pee, not poop. Anyway, there was a long string of yellow colored mucous hanging from her rear after she peed. Then she pooped and it was gone.

Then a little while ago, and this was not during or after a potty break, she was walking in the house and I noticed the same thing and it fell on the floor.

I ran to get a paper towel to clean it and then she ate it.

I thought about her possibly going into her first heat but I remember my daughter saw something similar once before, months ago. It never happened again so I didn't worry about it.

Is this just secretions from the anal glands or symptoms of another problem? I have been looking online and have not found much yet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Hmmm....Gracie had a bout with "something" hanging but it was from her vulva and she had a UTI. Good luck figuring it out. Wouldn't it just be so much easier if they could talk?!!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
When my girl had a UTI the only symptom was VERY strong smelling urine, but that was it. Otherwise she seemed completely normal. You might find though, that she will have accidents in the house.

Anal gland secretions have a distinct odor that is very strong and VERY stinky. If the discharge does not have a strong, hideous smell, it is most likely not from the anal glands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts