German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both ears are up!

Started his first puppy class last Wednesday. He did really well until we got to the end where they let the pups socialize. I've noticed that Dutch does great when he's in a one-on-one situation, but when there's lots of pups running around he tends to stay back and observe. He runs away from the pack of pups, and he can be very timid. I'm wondering if this is because he comes from a litter of 10 pups?

We've been feeding him a cup of orijen in the morning, a cup of orijen around 1pm and some nature's variety at 7pm. He gets a kong with Evangers at bedtime. The problem is that he isn't very hungry for breakfast, he only ate about half, and he isn't very hungry for lunch. He used to devour his food when we first got him. Is he getting too much protein?

Wednesday I noticed a large bump in his penis. At first I thought it was the bulbous gland, but by Thursday morning I saw it it had a head on it, and it looked more like a zit, but green. We took him into the vet yesterday and they said it was an Abscess. They had to lance it and cleanse it. We're hoping it was just a clogged hair follicle.

I just got back from a walk with him. We didn't make it very far. He doesn't seem to like to go for walks when he knows either my fiance or I are still in the house. Anyone else have this problem? I can only get him to go a few blocks before he won't go any further.

Anyway, things are going good. He's a very good boy and we love having him :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts