German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this on FB and thought it was an April Fools joke but apparently not.At first glance it looks like a fox photo shopped with an antelope.

·
Super Moderator
5,627 Posts
I don’t want to debate zoos, but our zoo has (or had - I haven’t been there in many many years) a couple of pairs of them. They are certainly odd looking, with those crazy legs.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Wow with that body and legs it sorta looks like a deer with a fox head....old as I am I'm amazed at how many land and sea creatures that pop up I've never seen before..

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
They are so cool! One of my students did a presentation on this species - they are in a family of their own- more closely related to fox than wolf, I believe. Those long legs are for seeing above the grass on the plains of South America. Super cool animals!

·
Registered
577 Posts
When I saw the title I thought it would be a maned wolf! They are very cool creatures with those huge longs legs. Interesting fact about the long legs, @Muskeg .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, so many animals out there with interesting "designs" to survive in nature, it's just baffling by this point. This is indeed a peculiar species, so magnificent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts