German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is browsing this site wondering if a GSD is a good breed for a household addition (not just a service dog), i am on my third wonderful one. All dogs have their own personalities but i have never seen a breed more loyal, clever and overall amazing around a family and friends.

That being said, the breeder and lineage is important. If you just willy nilly go out and get a high drive dog (by accident or on purpose) when you are not a high drive owner, well shoe, carpet, door, pots and pans and general house consumption might occur!

Pick the line that you as an owner can handle and your GSD will reward you 100x over.

GSD > Most people =)

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Interesting first post, someone's been reading the threads in the breeding section?!

The question is, do you have the lineage and temperament to make such a post? <just kidding... ;)

Welcome btw. :)

If anyone is browsing this site wondering if a GSD is a good breed for a household addition (not just a service dog), i am on my third wonderful one. All dogs have their own personalities but i have never seen a breed more loyal, clever and overall amazing around a family and friends.

That being said, the breeder and lineage is important. If you just willy nilly go out and get a high drive dog (by accident or on purpose) when you are not a high drive owner, well shoe, carpet, door, pots and pans and general house consumption might occur!

Pick the line that you as an owner can handle and your GSD will reward you 100x over.

GSD > Most people =)

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Very true post. I love GSds but I dont think I could handle a high drive w/ our current lifestyle .Welcome Untapped!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts