German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH built a platform for the dogs to play around or for us to sit on while we are out in the play area with the maniacs. He got a nice, sturdy horse bucket with a bracket to mount it on so they can't tip the water over.

Niko claimed it first. :)

But then they decided it was more fun to play with each other than pose for me. Hmmf. Hard to believe, isn't it?

Niko issues a smackdown on Rosa.

When they were puppies, the first game they played together was chase, and it was most fun played by racing around something. That was the main reason we built the platform. We call the game "Roundy-round." Rosa is almost always the one being chased, since that's her favorite way to play.

Of course, she quickly figures out that she can evade capture by scooting underneath, much to the frustration of Niko, who yells at her.

Can you see the big grin on her face? She's totally enjoying this! Niko, not so much...

Whoa there Rosa, it's just a game! Well, that is her favorite ball. All in good fun.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
What's on the ground in the play area? Is it just dirt?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Such a great life these two lead!

Looks like fun!

Stark says to tell Niko that he would like to help chase Rosa too. His favorite game is to steal the toys of others then tease them with it so they chase him.. lol.

Love your two!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
My husband built a table for our guys too when he was building the deck, they love it. Now I'm trying to convince him that he needs to build a playscape like they have for kids, just tailor it to the dogs...I think he's warming up to the idea.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Nice! I think the non-tippable water bucket is great! My boy makes quite a nuisance of himself tipping ever bowl/bucket at the dog park he can find.

Beautiful dogs - very pretty setting.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Looks good, and a great idea.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's on the ground in the play area? Is it just dirt?
It's wood chips. We have a wood chipper for our tractor, and since we harvest our own firewood off our property, we have lots of small branches to get rid of and the chipper works great for this. I use it to line my garden paths too.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
It's wood chips. We have a wood chipper for our tractor, and since we harvest our own firewood off our property, we have lots of small branches to get rid of and the chipper works great for this. I use it to line my garden paths too.
Excellent! We have a chipper and branches to call our own, too. Now the wheels are turning!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Love the scenery of your property. What a great place for the pups to call home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts