German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
"An "artist" from Costa Rica - Guillermo Habacuc Vargas - as an installation piece took a dog from the street and caused it to suffer and starve to death"

yuk-another one to throw his ass in jail!

·
Registered
521 Posts
FYI I had read about this. There's an email going around about it which lets you boy cut the so called artist. Here's the link so that you can sign to boy cut this idiot and please send to all your friends and family. It is safe, free and they already have around 2 million signatures. Let me warn you it is in Spanish, of course because it is a latin so called artist. But I signed the petition and so can you. If not, this idiot will do this again in another conference.

<u>http://www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html</u>

·
Registered
301 Posts
If anyone is interested here is the Facebook group dedicated to this topic: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10071854626

"UPDATE
It has been brought to my attention that one of the site administrators who began the petition has updated the status of the story. She has been informed by various sources that the dog exhibit was a stunt and he was in fact let free to escape. We are all crossing our fingers that was the case.

I truly hope that the dog did not die in the name of art or whatever cause. However I would also like to thank all the group members who signed the petition and forwarded this group to bring awareness to this issue.

I would like to remind all, that we did not petition for nothing. Stunt or not, we have served the objective of this group: prevent animal cruelty through spreading awareness and protest.

The bottom line for myself is, exploiting an animal who is already sick and weak is still wrongful. Through this petitioning process, not only did we put pressure on govts, groups and media to investigate the issue, but we also erected a strong warning against any future acts of animal cruelty. "

·
Registered
648 Posts
If it was a stunt, it makes it mildly better than if it was not. It does not excuse it at all. People willing to let a dog get as bad as that dog was, are people that are able to do the same to human beings. A boycott is not enough for this guy.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
This is weird. This really was an art exhibit but it was years ago now. I remember hearing about it an art class probably 5 years ago and it had happened several years beforehand. The internet keeps things circulating a long time...

·
Registered
277 Posts
The exhibit with the dog, Natividad or Nativity, that died was in the fall of 2007. Vargas initially said that "the dog would have died anyway", and there were other references that the dog had died. It was only in Feb. or March of 2008, that Vargas and the gallery said that the dog had been given food & water, and had "escaped", not died. Whether that's true, or just their new statement in light of the protest/petition--who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts