German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novice B obedience, 18 entries, judging starts at 10:45 AM after 3 Novice A dogs.

Assuming everything runs on time, how long do you think the entirety of Novice B will take? 2 hours?

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
Novice B obedience, 18 entries, judging starts at 10:45 AM after 3 Novice A dogs.

Assuming everything runs on time, how long do you think the entirety of Novice B will take? 2 hours?

I believe that the AKC actually stipulates how many dogs in the different classes can be judged an hour - don't remember what it is in the classes but you could find it on their site.

BUT - and this could be key - is how the show says it in the judging schedule. And it is also about how many of the dogs listed in the catalog actually show up - as usually there are at least a few who don't make it to the show.

For example maybe none of the Nov A dogs show up and so they start B earlier. Or maybe only a few of the B dogs show up so you could be called much earlier (I assume you are in B, but you get the point).

No way to be sure when you get called so you should proably figure on being there when the A class is starting, I would say.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, yeah, I'd be there when A starts. I just need an estimate of when judging would be finished

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
I would guess 2 hours-but they'll probably break into 2 groups for sits and downs-and if the judge doesn't go for lunch

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
They may do 2, they may do 3 sets of sits and downs depending on how big the ring is, and whether there is natural breaks. I think I have been in classes severed by lunch, called by the judge. It just depends. I am not the one who will tell a judge not to call a lunch break. Usually there are some that don't show though for whatever reason, bitch in heat, conflicts, etc. So figure 15 dogs, two sets of sits and downs, 95 minutes minimum and then awarding of ribbons, potty break, pre-class discussion, if they do not call a lunch I would say 2 hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts