German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions of American Line breeders who do health testing. I like some of the Covy-Tucker Hill dogs, but want to see what else is out there. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
DeBrut's does health testing, and has Dual champion dogs (AKC Ch and OTCHs). No website unfortunately, but Lori's dogs have been featured in the performance reviews.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I would ask Daphne (andaka here on the board) I"m sure she could refer you to someone reputable in your area;)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
no recommendations for you as i'm not a fan of showlines but i will wish you the best of luck in your search!!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would contact Kent at this kennel, he has show line dogs and is very knowledgeable and if you tell him exactly what you are looking for he will be able to match you up. Good breeders will refer you to someone else if they don't have what will work and as a handler as well he knows lots of breeders and what they have. Good luck, may you be as fortunate as I am with mine, I just love them

Welcome to Kenlyn Kennels

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I agree with Trudy. He's had some nice dogs, and he's always pleasant to talk to :)

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
What sort of health testing are you wanting? How far are you interested in traveling?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definately Hips and Elbows, I'd like to see CERF and possibly DM too, though I know a lot of people aren't doing that. Area doesn't matter, I'd be willing to travel anywhere for a quality dog. I'm not in a hurry. I have WL's but my first GSD was an Am line, so they hold a place in my heart and I'd like to get another. She lived to be 13.5, we lost her last year.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I know of a couple that breeds American lines, but their lines are also mixed with other lines as well. Also I have not seen them do any type of testing on their dog's either. If you would like to contact them either way, just PM me. Maybe they can point you in the right direction.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
stetson

I saw the above dog in person at our local show. For an Am. Line dog he was a VERY nice dog. Good temperament and by far one of the more stable dogs at the show!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts