Wow! I really like it!

Reactions: kaydub_u

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
That is really lovely. What is the size? I did check the link but forgot to look for that.

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
My sister does pet artwork as well and her biggest issue is when clients don't have good photographs to work from. If you ever want to have this done, make sure you have some excellent reference images.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, that is a lovely style. My Mom lost her dog a few years back and I've been wanting to get something like this done for her. Thanks for the link!
You're absolutely welcome! What a thoughtful thing to do :)

I even asked the artist to show me how her process is and she sent me a few pictures of the process, I was amazed!! I'll post some :)

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My sister does pet artwork as well and her biggest issue is when clients don't have good photographs to work from. If you ever want to have this done, make sure you have some excellent reference images.
That's definitely correct. The artist I ordered from even says the same thing. I sent her the picture I wanted done, but then sent another one as well to show how his colors normally look without the glare of the sun. Thankfully I have a lot of great quality pictures of Obi that I adore. I am so happy with the finished product!! I'd love to see your sister's work.

·
Super Moderator
32,588 Posts
That's really nice! Our flyball club hosted a tournament a few months ago and one of the donated prizes was a custom colored pencil drawing of your dog, which I won. Here's the finished portrait:

This is the photo I sent her:

Lauren's portraits are quite a bit more expensive, but she does amazing work. She does pastels in addition to colored pencil.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PotatoArtStudio

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
A friend of mine (award winning artist) requested a black and white copy of the photo as well as the colour copy, for Nitro's portrait. I think the black and white is useful for light/contrast....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's really nice! Our flyball club hosted a tournament a few months ago and one of the donated prizes was a custom colored pencil drawing of your dog, which I won.
Now that is just GORGEOUS!! What a wonderful prize. I am just so amazed at what people can create. Hand made pet items are like my go to gifts now.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Kaydub_u, have you done a silhouette? I had a New Zealand silhouette artist do one of Nitro, I didn't have a good head profile shot on my phone, so his profile was full body, trotting along. A good head profile would have looked stunning.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
That is gorgeous. Very special. So life like. My moms friend was very gifted she did chalk drawings they were very beautiful.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I love both of these! I want to get one done of both of my guys. Thank you for sharing their shop links - I'll check them out when I get home :smile2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts