German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just got a 13 week old shepherd and I take her on walks 3 times a day each ranging from 35-60 minutes each totalling roughly 3.5-4 kms (2.17 - 2.5 miles) I just wanna make sure that I’m exercising her correctly don’t want to mess up her hips or making her work to hard for no reason.

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
6,301 Posts
If she's going at her own pace and mostly on grass with plenty of opportunities to sniff around and do doggy things,you're good!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It does sound like a lot for a pup, maybe you could make the second walk some playtime on grass?

I don't know how old you are, but that's a lot of mileage for a human too! (6-7 miles a day)

Be sure to wear good sneakers with good arch support...I learned that the hard way...I wore my ancient Nikes for about 6 months and developed some plantar fasciitis in my left heel! It went away after I bought new sneakers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey sorry i worded that wrong we so roughly 2.5-3 miles a day not each.

It does sound like a lot for a pup, maybe you could make the second walk some playtime on grass?

I don't know how old you are, but that's a lot of mileage for a human too! (6-7 miles a day)

Be sure to wear good sneakers with good arch support...I learned that the hard way...I wore my ancient Nikes for about 6 months and developed some plantar fasciitis in my left heel! It went away after I bought new sneakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts