German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to learn as much as I can about different lines and types of the breed, and i've been considering looking for another dog in perhaps a year, so i've been looking at breeders and generally going insane trying to find as much information as I can. I've also been taking the time working with my current dogs to decide what I like and what i'd like to see in addition to.

I've learned that the show lines definitely are not my cup of tea. I adore Noire but as far as structure and overall temperament goes i'd like something just a little bit more.. athletic and built differently.

Odin has been a very good first dog to learn on when it comes to dog sports and competitive obedience. I've realized that schutzhund is addicting and so my next dog must be well suited for the sport. He has a very stable temperament and overall is very easy going, seems to work well enough and the trainer seems to like him.

I don't mind having an active, high drive dog that may be a bit challenging, as long as the dog has a good work ethic. I like the fact that my dogs keep me busy. :) I'd like to continue in sport work, so good nerves and drives would be essential.

I've always really liked the black sables, and the dogs with a more solid, sturdier look to them.

Long story short i've been drawn to the Czech lines, based on what i'm kind of looking for would this generally be a good match?

And what are the general opinions of this breeder? Czech German Shepherd Dogs from Alpine K9

As far as deciding on a breeder when the time comes I don't mind traveling, so i'm not really limiting myself on where the breeder is located, as long as i'm able to find the kind of dog i'm looking for. :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you are interested in Sch. a Czech line dog can be the way to go the breeder you have looked at there are other threads on him here that you can search for. Have you looked at any of your local breeders that may also compete in Sch. to see if they have any litters coming up?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I have always been an admirer of Han's dogs and I think he knows his stuff when it comes to czech dogs .

Also Cliffson (member name) is definately someone I would ask for a referral on what your looking for, he may know someone in your area:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts