German Shepherds Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hate it. If I need 5 pages to understand how a forum works, well...It's not something I'm interested in doing, my day is busy enough, and I'm way too old. And I'm furious about the ability to share to Facebook. Not everyone uses it, and we'd like to think because we can NEVER, EVER change our usernames here--not EVER, well I'd prefer my info that's here, stays here. I used to love this forum, but the fun got sucked out of it. Most of the people who were brave enough to talk on here left or stopped posting. I'd like to remove my pictures when I go, but I can't, so I'm stuck trying to decipher this new, improved mess. Not a fan.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Please don’t. 😑

The owners/tech group are completely separate from the volunteer members who moderate posts.

All this does is pile up reports for volunteers to deal with. We’re in the same boat, trying to reorient and work through changes, as several of us have already posted.
My apologies WIBackpacker. It was a poor attempt at using humour to lighten the situation. I appreciate the job you all do. Very sorry.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Please don’t. 😑

The owners/tech group are completely separate from the volunteer members who moderate posts.

All this does is pile up reports for volunteers to deal with. We’re in the same boat, trying to reorient and work through changes, as several of us have already posted.
Yes, I apologize as well. It was an attempt at humor to lighten the mood. Sorry for adding to your load...

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
No worries. Trust me when I tell you we’re having as many frustrations as you are, and then some.

A lot of the mod/admin functions didn’t transition over, so there is nothing that we can do right now to alter the interface or settings.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
No worries. Trust me when I tell you we’re having as many frustrations as you are, and then some.

A lot of the mod/admin functions didn’t transition over, so there is nothing that we can do right now to alter the interface or settings.
Well that can't be fun. My DH is in IT. Cyber Security is his focus currently but over the years I have heard more than my fair share of migration nightmare issues. My heart goes out to all the Mods.

·
Registered
233 Posts

My apologies for also griping. Change is hard, 'specially on us old folks. I don't have a phone (can't see it) so my experience is sitting in front of a large monitor. I do like the dark mode, so much easier to see. Thank you to all the mods for what you do.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The new layout is okay. I definitely like the way the threads themselves look, though I'm not thrilled about the right sidebar navigation or the main navigation. The main nav is running into the problems that some web designers run into when they get stuck in the "modern and compact" trap. Yes, some parts need to be compact (account-related items), but most elements would be better off exposed for ease-of-use.

There's also the issue of failing to put context labels on the navigation icons (the icons on post actions are good enough). For example, the bullet list icon does not connect with "full forum view" to me.

The dotted-hamburger menu is easy to confuse with account/profile options. Since it's right next to my avatar, I expect account options there--plus other apps and browsers use the same style of icon for "settings" rather than menu options.

I think some better icon choices need to be made and/or labels introduced. I'd personally prefer the hamburger menu be removed and placed as a standard main navigation item.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts