German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm with you. I just logged on and trying to find my way around. Pages load slow. I'm old too and not finding this new layout intuitive. I understand updates need to happen but this update may cause me to leave. It's not clean in look or use that I can see.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yea, wow it is more of a change than I thought it would be!

Well, on the plus side, Admin section is no longer near the top...
sometimes people just would post there about dogs.

I find it OK...?
There is always a bit of pain with changing a user interface that people are very familiar with, and this was a radical update.

I just hope the redirect issue ($1000 Walmart Gift Card) has been solved!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Just noticed that below avatar it shows registered country. That is helpful. Where is the PM feature? Seems they took away the custom emoji's. I will miss those...especially the welcome wave.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Hmm, this is going to take a bit getting used to. I said the same thing the last time it changed too, and I got used to it quick. Hopefully I get used to this one. I usually just log in and go to the active topics. If nothing jumps out at me then I leave. We will see how this one goes.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hmm, this is going to take a bit getting used to. I said the same thing the last time it changed too, and I got used to it quick. Hopefully I get used to this one. I usually just log in and go to the active topics. If nothing jumps out at me then I leave. We will see how this one goes.
I hated the last update and stayed in classic mode until today. I will try to keep an open mind but so far I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was just on here earlier this morning, then it loaded this new layout. WOW!
I guess "Trending Posts/Threads" is the new "Active Topics" ?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I notice that we've got all the latest modern web icons now...
(it's an icon-based world, these days, so hope your icon literacy is good!).

The one with three dots and lines allows you to share a Post on social media (!).
Ack. Will have to be careful what I write...

It's also a bit weird that under "trending discussions" there are threads from 2011?
So I'll just mentally ignore that part for now. :)

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I hated the last update and stayed in classic mode until today. I will try to keep an open mind but so far I'm not impressed.
Lol! I did the same. I didn't like the last change.

I am struggling a little here but still looking around.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm not getting old I'm already there...anything that is new or different as far as web sites go... takes a while to get used to and be able to navigate....I never really had any issues with the old site on my desk top but some members did who used their phone... hopefully those hiccups will be fixed....I'll give it a few weeks before deciding whether I like everything about the "new site" or not....I'm guessing they may have to "tweak" some things..

·
Super Moderator
5,971 Posts
It certainly is different!On my tablet I see a balloon that says NEW in the upper right which is new topics.To message someone touch their user name.The emojis are still here in a band across the bottom of the posting window.🙃

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I went to the three dots menu, clicked on What’s New and found the latest posts. Dogma, I didn’t even see The New bubble. That and Search are all I care about. What are all those Most items? What are Points? I don’t like being the #1 poster. The rest of you need to get busy and pass me up.

They could only use a few photos in the banner. They should make a big collage and post it somewhere to use all the dogs that weren’t included.

Wolfy, it’s not age, this forum is very different. Once we find familiar markers, like being able to sort posts to find what we want, we will get used to it. It’s easier to read.

I just found Dark mode. It is easier to read. We lost some of the profile stats that I used. I still can’t find them.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Who hoo! I new thing I just learned. If you click on reply it will quote the post you are replying to automatically rather than having to use the multi quote option. Nice feature. This is a learning curve. I might get it at some point. It's going to be a rough week...new forum site and a new cell phone...OY!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was skeptical when I heard about the update but kept an open mind as it didn't sound like it would be a huge change. I hate the new we have to update to be better and bigger that so many companies are using although I understand some updates are needed but so often most of the updates end up with unnecessary content and changes. I used classic mobile on the old forum as it was easy to navigate and reliable. I can't even login on mobile and am getting annoying adds and parts of the menu moving with the screen. So I'll give it a chance but as of right now I probably won't be sticking around as I access the site 99% through mobile and this new layout style is one I tend to avoid on forums not a fan of cluttered pages.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was skeptical when I heard about the update but kept an open mind as it didn't sound like it would be a huge change. I hate the new we have to update to be better and bigger that so many companies are using although I understand some updates are needed but so often most of the updates end up with unnecessary content and changes. I used classic mobile on the old forum as it was easy to navigate and reliable. I can't even login on mobile and am getting annoying adds and parts of the menu moving with the screen. So I'll give it a chance but as of right now I probably won't be sticking around as I access the site 99% through mobile and this new layout style is one I tend to avoid on forums not a fan of cluttered pages.

Try tapatalk app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I don't use web browse much on my phone but all the ads do clutter the page from content. I get it though...they have to pay the bills. I would rather pay for the privilege of a cleaner experience. That said I hadn't because they only took paypal an account i don't have. I haven't found any upgrade to membership on this new site yet. Still looking around. Time suck on my day so far.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts