German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2 year old male named Maverick and lately he has been really ichy. Nothing has really changed but the weather here in Kansas. I have him on frontline, taken him to the vet ( nothing fround wrong like fleas or skin issue). It has recently just started in the last two months. I have him on fish oil pills which he has been on for over a year. I did change food about 6 months ago from, Merrick to Pinnical Peak, but the iching just started in the last two months. I guess I should add that he is only iching behind his front legs and on his back. And when you rub or even touch his back his back legs go crazy like your touching his "tickle spot" Any advice or ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm not an expert, but our girl Dakota was itching real bad. Come to find out she's allergic to fleas. Maybe you can check him for that.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sobacca has been itching a lot recently as well. And I noticed last week when I was brushing him that his skin was really flakey again -- think it's probably just the change in weather, it's gotten cooler/drier out here recently.
He also has allergies and if we happen to wash the blankets in the house (that he lays on) in the wrong detergent he gets super itchy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts