German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lady came in with a young staffie that had recently had pups.

I talked to her for a while. She found the staffie walking down the highway and picked her up.

She had been on the board of directors or a volunteer at the shelter.

She told me that our shelter takes all food donations that are not Science Diet and give them to some dog food pantry that I did not realize existed.

I have given them dog food in the past. A unopened bag and a half of a bag of Taste of the Wild.

I guess it really doesn't matter if it is helping dogs in the shelter or if it is going to someone trying to keep his dog.

It was just a little shocking to me, that they wouldn't even tell me there that that was what would happen to it.

·
Registered
32,556 Posts
they gave away TOTW and kept the crappy SD? The dog food pantry may be an extension of the shelter. Ppl can come to our local shelter and get free food for their animals.

I was there one time when crew came in to get food. I had a shepherd in there I was temp testing. Could see the woman was really uncomfortable so I left the office. Came back in to hear the worker say "Well if she wants her free food I guess she can walk by the dog!" Don't think the worker was very impressed.

·
Registered
32,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, and I said -- remember I like this vet -- Science Diet -- that is about the crappiest stuff out there!

Then I looked over to the shelf on the other side of the room where the Science Diet was staring back at me.

Not one of my brightest days. I think they should not expect me there for an 8:45 appointment. My brain is not up that early.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts