German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At around 40ish pounds she is still very short and her growing seem to have plateaued. Her ears are finally up though! I'm hoping she makes at least 55 pounds and I still have no clue what she's mixed with!! I was thinking Norwegian elkhound? Anyone else agree?

** Oversized photos removed by ADMIN. Photos, as per rule #15, are not be over 800X600. Please resize and post again. **

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I personally dont think she looks like a mix, especially in that first pic! I guess I'm not sure if gsds can have that colored tongue

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fionahas a black spot on her tongue. I saw a GSD today with the same spotted tongue as your dog. Looks PB to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My shepherd is not crossed and has one black spot on his tongue. its normal for them to get this, its the same thing as freckles and moles in humans. something was genetically wrong in those skin cells which caused them to over produce pigment in that area. that is all. (my shepherd comes from a long line of purebreds, who are bred for the police force, search and rescue amd are trained at the breeders facilities as well) :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry. I cannot see a tail. But a tail that goes up like ? Makes me think of Akita

I thought Akita too except she is built very small which made me think Norwegian Elkhound or Chow. She is almost 6 mos and barely 40 pounds. Also has short legs.

Her rescuer told me half black lab half GSD but I do not see black lab...
Here is the tail..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts