German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Sadie has had her left ear up since she turned 3 months old. Her right ear didn't start coming up until about 3.5-4 months. She turns 5 months on the 24th of this month. Her ears aren't thin and her parents have their ears up... I'm curious if anyone thinks it will go up on its own eventually or if i should start thinking about taping or using similar methods? I know she is still very young and therefore teething, but i have read some other posts on here where some started taping or using breathe right strips at around 5 months. Her right ear goes up anytime we play, go on walks, and when she tilts her head down then back up, it'll stay up for a little while. Pictures attached are when the right ear comes up during those times, and there is also a photo of when its down which is half the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think she'll be fine. Ive heard before "If they go up once they will go up again". I guess just try not to put to much pressure on the cartilage, but ive heard of numerous shepherds whose ears dont go up til the 6 month mark.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not an expert but I personally wouldn't stress. They look like they'll both come up straight and lovely. The ear dance is different for every pup but it sounds like her genetics would give her good cartilage. I like Blitz's "if they go up once they'll go up again."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts