German Shepherds Forum banner

61 - 80 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I keep checking Alma's thread to see how she is doing.... she is so sweet looking and I'm so glad she is in such good hands! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif Some of the dogs on this board are so tempting... just want to adopt them... Alma is one of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

Thank you Cila for taking such good care of her and her babies to be.

Tanja

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
I'm hoping it's going to be a middle of the night delivery so I can stay up and watch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_eek.gif

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
And the countdown continues...
No babies yet. Mom is acting normal so I think they'll wait until I get home from work.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Mom is acting normal so I think they'll wait until I get home from work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rephrase:

Mom is acting normal so I HOPE they'll wait until I get home from work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/32_poke.gif

...........I know you're busy............

·
Registered
32 Posts
How exciting! I'm so glad she's doing well. She sounds so happy with you, Cila. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

Carrie

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
No babies yet, we are still waiting...
She seems to be doing very well and acts happy (in spite her size).

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
All in due time, all in due time..now having said that, we're all impatient for the babies to arrive..lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think she is probably planning on having her babies in the middle of the night....just to make things more exciting. LOL! How many of you keep checking in several times a day to see if there is any puppy progress?!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
How many of you keep checking in several times a day to see if there is any puppy progress?!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - I know I have been... and I bet there are many of us doing the same thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

Tanja

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
And we are waiting...

Anyone knows if it is OK to give Immodium to an expecting mom? She is feeling well and eating well, but has somewhat loose stools.

Lori, the X-pen arrived today. Mama Alma sends you hugs and kisses and many-many thanks. And Aunt Kris and Aunt Vanessa too.

The good news is that my work schedule is getting more relaxed starting tomorrow. I think Mama Alma knew this and was just waiting for her human mom to have mor time for her. She is a doll and I love her.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
I just did a quick search and two sources say No on Immodium (Loperamide) and Yes on Kaopectate. Let me do some more checking...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Of course she was waiting for you, she is perfect!
Do dogs empty themselves completely (loose stools) right before they deliver? Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thanks Kris.
Mary, I had the same thought. On the other hand she is eating VERY well.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
I decided to take the easy way out. I'm waiting for a call back from my vet. The information on the internet was too conflicting. Will get back to you as soon as I hear something - should be shortly.

61 - 80 of 508 Posts