German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At puppy class, the trainer gave everyone a goodie bag full of different puppy foods. We got Royal Canin, Wellness for Puppy, Innova, California Natural and Sold Gold sample sized bags. I feed Chevy Canidae All Life Stages. Would it be ok to feed him the "samples" as training treats? I don't want to mix any of them with his normal food and I don't want to see all of these go to waste. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
The place where I buy my dog food has several people that buy the 5 lb GS-24 as training treats. So if you dog will eat the different ones as treats there is no reason not to.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i was wondering the same. i went to the pet store the other day &they were giving out TONS of samples.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I sometimes use sample bags as treats. They aren't getting as much as their regular meal so if your dog has a sensitive tummy, it shouldn't be a problem. If you use a sample that is very high in calories, remember to adjust how much regular food you give your pup so you don't over feed and pack on the pounds!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I always take all the samples I can get -- anyone handing them out, take whatever they will give me!

I donate them all to a local shelter or rescue!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts