German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lure Coursing Fanatics is very excited to announce our first annual all breed Lure Coursing trial!!

Saturday, August 2nd 2008 in Somers, WI (our usual location).

Loads of fun, prizes and awards!

Check out http://www.lurecoursingfanatics.com for details!! We hope to see lots of our regulars and many new furry faces as well!!

Lauri Stromberg
Lure Coursing Fanatics - All Breed Lure Coursing

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAAN Do you ever have Schipperkes run? I would think my Schip mix would LOVE this.
Jean, you're welcome to come to my house when the snippy Schip next door starts taunting my dogs and running the fence. It looks A LOT like lure coursing.

Lauri, I wish I could come but I have field training on Saturdays. Hope you have a great first trial!

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to add ...

I am starting to work hard on getting us out and about!! I want more dogs to know the fun of lure coursing!!

So - if you know of BIG dog events in your area, pass the info along to me!! We currently hit MN every year and may be adding MA next year!!

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Ohhh Lauri, I so wish Grimmi and I could come, too! He would love to thunder-gallump after a plastic baggy, and cavort with other doofuses!

Since we cannot be there, may I just say that we are sending you GOOD vibes!! May the event be wonderful, successful, fun for all! We wish all the VERY best!!
Have a wonderful, fun time!
Oh.. pics afterwards, maybe, please?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
just remember when I took my rescue grey to lure cousing(he is at bridge) I was surprised to see my couch potatoe turn into a bouncing howling maniac.He ran despite a totally torn dewclaw and D--- he was soo happy.sometimes wonder if my rescue GSD would do the same.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The lure coursing club here in Alaska is having an all-breed trial, too. Wish I were closer as I think it would be a blast.

I took Khana - my CHOW - to the lure coursing in July and she had a great time! I've never seen her run so fast. I should have taken Tazer, too, because she really loves to run. Maybe next year.

Hope it all goes well, Lauri, and that tons of people and dogs attend!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We had a great turnout and the dogs had a blast!! We will be turning this into a twice yearly event - spring and fall (for cooler weather).

I'll post some pictures later this week!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts