German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of this week, AKC opened up trick dog titles to be earned with video submissions!

I have my paper work submitted now for the Novice Title.

It's just something fun to do while stuck at the house! Still feel like you're doing something!

Here is my own submission!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

I am wondering if they could do the same for AKC Rally?
I've been hoping Josie and I could test for AKC Rally Novice, but it looks like there has to be 3 Q's and traveling to those events (even pre COVID19) was not something I could do easily. (i might send an email to AKC to ask about this).

Great job with Cinder! (y)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing!

I am wondering if they could do the same for AKC Rally?
I've been hoping Josie and I could test for AKC Rally Novice, but it looks like there has to be 3 Q's and traveling to those events (even pre COVID19) was not something I could do easily. (i might send an email to AKC to ask about this).

Great job with Cinder! (y)
It is just for the Trick Dog titles, sadly. They already allowed for Do More with Your Dog titles to be transferred and those are evaluated by video, so them allowing for video Trick Dog submissions wasn't much of a stretch.

·
Super Moderator
4,675 Posts
great! I know that some of the dog Parkour groups allowed video submissions. I'll have to check this out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm so glad they opened it up for video submissions!

Both my dogs got their Novice Trick title this week.
Lola is 6 1/2 and Linc is 4 months.
Good work! My goal is to finish intermediate and advanced before the quarantine is done!
We're most of the way through intermediate as it stands.

I bet you guys could too!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Archer got his advanced trick dog title through Do More With Your Dog when he was 7 months old. When you get to expert, AKC allows you to transfer the titles over to the AKC equivalent. That’s my plan for him. He already knows 3/5 tricks needed. I prefer DMWYD over AKC, but it is nice that they’re allowing video submissions now.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Good work! My goal is to finish intermediate and advanced before the quarantine is done!
We're most of the way through intermediate as it stands.

I bet you guys could too!
Lola could pass her Intermediate right now, I just need to do video. She has about 8 tricks of the Advanced down as well so I just need to do a refresher on some that she knows and teach her a couple others.

Linc knows enough for the Intermediate, but I need to fade out some luring on a couple first.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Archer got his advanced trick dog title through Do More With Your Dog when he was 7 months old. When you get to expert, AKC allows you to transfer the titles over to the AKC equivalent. That’s my plan for him. He already knows 3/5 tricks needed. I prefer DMWYD over AKC, but it is nice that they’re allowing video submissions now.

I actually did two version of my video. One for Do More with Your Dog and one for AKC. I know that I can transfer them later, but for some reason I felt compelled to do it this way. I think I like the trick list for Do More with Your Dog a bit better than AKC.

This is our Do More with Your Dog Version

1 - 12 of 12 Posts