German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that in order to take the test, you must take basic training classes with an AKC CGC approved evaluator. Though, the evaluators in my area do not have this program available or no longer teach any classes.
Also, Texas, my shepherd, has graduated from her beginner class and has now started in intermediate with a training class at Petsmart. I plan to have her and I accomplish all the way to the advanced class and then take the CGC test.

Though, is there anyway I could take this exam, with proof of taking classes at another facility? Or do you think I really need to retake and pay for basic classes with an AKC approved evaluator? Is there anyway I should I contact in behalf of this question?

Any suggestions or answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was under the understanding that you could contact an evaluator in your area or wherever you want and simply have them evaluate you dog and send in the evaluation sheet. I could be wrong, but thats how I understood things.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed the program and was told to speak to my trainer to see if she would be willing to give the test out. If my trainer agrees, I would need to contact them again for direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts