German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the sire and dams name, after the DN# there is a number, ex:(11-07)....what does that mean? birthday maybe? and then NOR AKC DNA#, what exactlt does that mean? Thanks!!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
NOR: No Official Registration.
DNA#: Do Not Accept (number).

Originally Posted By: dresdenUnder the sire and dams name, after the DN# there is a number, ex:(11-07)....what does that mean? birthday maybe? and then NOR AKC DNA#, what exactlt does that mean? Thanks!!

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Not sure on NOR, but if it's in in parenthesis it probably means Norway, in which case the dog was imported from Norway and then registered with AKC.

DNA is the dog's DNA profile number on record with AKC. This can be used to prove parentage if it's ever questioned.

·
Registered
932 Posts
dna is also if the sire has been breed more than 3 times in a year or so many sired litters, it is a requirement by akc, that can be looked up on their website

·
Registered
12,829 Posts

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
we are not amused, who's we? are you and your we beyond having fun? does my humor really suck? if my humor sucks that badly then that's funny in itself. when you and we read my post lighten up. alot of times i'm making ha-ha (ha-ha, having fun, making jokes, comedy, being light hearted, wanting people to laugh,etc.) when i post.
Originally Posted By: SunCzarinaWe are not amused.

Originally Posted By: doggiedadreally,
so i guess NOR:, doesn't mean
No Official Registration,
Originally Posted By: dOgDNA does not mean DoNotAccept
It means deoxyribonucleic acid

<span style="color: #3333FF">The Definition</span>

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
It's not a matter of humor or whether we "get" it, but I've noticed that often you post random nonsense in threads where people are asking legit questions and you say it in a way that is neither helpful nor amusing and somewhat offensive to the owner.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Chris - is it in your power to put a poker smiley next to his name so the newbies won't take him seriously? :whistling:

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i'm being funny, it's usefull for a laugh. it is a matter of humor. how do you know what i say is offensive to the OP?

Originally Posted By: LiesjeIt's not a matter of humor or whether we "get" it, but I've noticed that often you post random nonsense in threads where people are asking legit questions and you say it in a way that is neither helpful nor amusing and somewhat offensive to the owner.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
SunCzarina, in a post from Chris Wild to AllieG you'll see that Chris Wild suggested i use more emotiocons in order for people to know i'm joking. in her examples of the emotiocons she uses this one

Originally Posted By: SunCzarinaChris - is it in your power to put a poker smiley next to his name so the newbies won't take him seriously? :whistling:

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Originally Posted By: doggiedadSunCzarina, in a post from Chris Wild to AllieG you'll see that Chris Wild suggested i use more emotiocons in order for people to know i'm joking. in her examples of the emotiocons she uses this one

Originally Posted By: SunCzarinaChris - is it in your power to put a poker smiley next to his name so the newbies won't take him seriously? :whistling:
No! You're kidding right

You should make that your avi.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
you're in the middleofnowhere, how do you know what people are up for???

Originally Posted By: middleofnowhereDoggie Daddy, I was sorta amused but then I have a clownish side too. Sometimes people just aren't up for it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts