German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi how you doing I have a few questions about AKC registerein . I bought my GSD We picked him up at 7 weeks. We where told he would come with papers the breeder said when the paperwork came in he would mail us the dogs papers 4 months still have not received any paperwork. Question 2 they did give us the parents names Can I use there names to look up my dogs bloodline. thank you for your time

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Oldtimer, the breeder may have had a problem with the registration. When I purchased Star, her father was not yet AKC registered, and it took NINE MONTHS for the papers to get straightened out! Won't hurt to phone him and ask what is causing the delay.

There is a dog lookup on the AKC website, but all it will give you is the dog's registration number. If you want pedigree info, you will have to pay for it. However, the pedigree database, which is maintained by members of the website, and a small number of dedicated volunteers, is free, and may be able to give you more information. Here's the link:

General Forum

Since the website is NOT an official AKC website, you pup's parents may not be entered.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I would contact the breeder and ask nicely. If the parents were imports the AKC papers can take longer or if they did an transported semen breeding.

Yes, you can use the parent's names to look up your pups pedigree.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts