German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week a light aircraft flying between and island and mainland (30 km) disappeared without any sign. From Wednesday to Friday members of my team were searching on the area and this weekend we relieved with two volunteers and Diabla.

Saturday we were searching under ravines were the vegetation was so dense that easily a small airplane could be engulfed and not be seen from above. That night a backpack was found on the shore and when it was confirmed it belonged to one of the missing persons we were awoke (1 AM) and the search was completely reprogrammed, and all the search focused in the plane falling on the sea. Since we were already there we helped with the search on the shore and I took Diabla to tag along, but she is a dog for live, so she wasn't really searching.

On the truck going to the search area

Waiting while the captain ask permission to enter to a farm. It is the middle to Mapuche Nation so a group of military personal entering could be... problematic, specially on October 12.

With the family of the missing persons. I never let anyone feed Diabla on a search, but for them I did an exception and they are giving her cookies

At the beach

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
That last photo is stunning, great job!

I hope the story has a happy ending

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I think the thing that mostly impresses me is the look on Diabla's face. Obviously the love for the work shows through.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Amazing pictures.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is one someone took of us after lunch break

1 - 8 of 8 Posts