German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
i might be in love with your dog. he looks a lot like mine...maybe that's why lol. but seriously...he's very handsome. i'm waiting for chobahn to lose his puppy look too (he's 20 months)...i hope he grows up to look like your aiden! your xmas pictures were to die for :wub:

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i might be in love with your dog. he looks a lot like mine...maybe that's why lol. but seriously...he's very handsome. i'm waiting for chobahn to lose his puppy look too (he's 20 months)...i hope he grows up to look like your aiden! your xmas pictures were to die for :wub:
Aww, thanks! I honestly thought he was never going to grow out of that stage. My breeder told me that it can take 3-4 years for him to physically mature, so at 2.5 years I think I'm just now starting to see the signs. :p

·
Registered
738 Posts
it seems to take forever, doesn't it? i feel like chobahn is starting to fill out a bit in his chest, but we are stiiiiiill waiting for his little head to catch up. maybe it never will. just when i think he's getting bigger, somebody comes along and says "how old is your puppy?" lol...he still looks a little lanky and awkard at times. other times he looks like a beast to me. these pictures were taken a year apart...first one is recent, second one is last year...he looks the same to me :crazy:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it seems to take forever, doesn't it? i feel like chobahn is starting to fill out a bit in his chest, but we are stiiiiiill waiting for his little head to catch up. maybe it never will. just when i think he's getting bigger, somebody comes along and says "how old is your puppy?" lol...he still looks a little lanky and awkard at times. other times he looks like a beast to me. these pictures were taken a year apart...first one is recent, second one is last year...he looks the same to me :crazy:
Oh wow, he DOES look a lot like Aiden! My boy's head has always been bigger than his body, so he had the opposite lanky stage of your boy. :p I actually got stopped by someone earlier today who said "Still just an awkward puppy, huh?" Then it gets a little awkward when I told her that he's actually two and a half. LOL!

·
Registered
738 Posts
well i guess that goes back to the misconception people have about GSDs being large and in charge. and really? didn't that person know it's not nice to call somebody's dog awkward? lol.

·
Super Moderator
18,680 Posts
Very athletic looking male with flat withers, a bit too much of a break in topline for my tastes, but a very good croup. Good angulation front and rear (could be better, but he is balanced) and he has good length of upper arm. Pasterns are a bit straight (balanced with his shoulder) and he has VERY nice feet. I would like to see a bit stronger secondary sex characteristics. He has a very nice head, I would just like it to be a bit more masculine. Good color.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very athletic looking male with flat withers, a bit too much of a break in topline for my tastes, but a very good croup. Good angulation front and rear (could be better, but he is balanced) and he has good length of upper arm. Pasterns are a bit straight (balanced with his shoulder) and he has VERY nice feet. I would like to see a bit stronger secondary sex characteristics. He has a very nice head, I would just like it to be a bit more masculine. Good color.

Thank you for the critique! Do you have any suggetions to help me begin to stack him a bit better?

·
Banned
73 Posts
The stack is more of a natural stance. He has a nice head. Shallow body, could be deeper. He is a little square in proportion. Straight front, mild rear angulation. Flat withers with very slight roach (hump?). Looks to be athletic, very quick and agile. Nice feet, nice pasterns.

·
Super Moderator
18,680 Posts
Actually, except for his front legs not being totally square he is stacked as he is built. His left rear could be a tiny bit more forward and I would have his head turned slightly towards the camera. Also the GSD head always looks much better with the mouth open so running him a little before the photo session will help that. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice male. Good color.

Good head, but could be a little more masculine. I see a slight roach in the back, but his back slopes very nicely into his croup. Back legs look good. Forequarter is good, but his legs could be more square in the photo. I like the angle of his shoulder and upper arm. Clean, nice feet.

He is an athletic dog as well :)

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice male. Good color.

Good head, but could be a little more masculine. I see a slight roach in the back, but his back slopes very nicely into his croup. Back legs look good. Forequarter is good, but his legs could be more square in the photo. I like the angle of his shoulder and upper arm. Clean, nice feet.

He is an athletic dog as well :)
Thank you! I really appreciate the more "professional" critiques so I can learn if/how I can stack him better! I was hoping to get a breed survey done within the next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts