German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited!!!!!! Even though it is 15 months away, I wanted to share some exciting news!!!!

I am getting a female GSD puppy next September!!!!!

I already have the breeder picked out. He is very kind, helpful and caring. He is willing to work with me by holding onto the puppy a little longer than usual. He takes time to answer all of my questions and is interested in hearing about me and my animals (even my cats). I trust him completely with finding the perfect puppy for Sinister and myself.

I already know who I want the father of my puppy to be. I kinda have a mother in mind but that could change.

I really would prefer a Black Sable female puppy (dark sable) but I also love Bi-Colors and Red sables. The father is known for having dark sable puppies though and that is really what my heart is set on. I do understand that you cannot pick based on color but I am willing to wait to find the perfect black sable puppy for me :)

I am just so excited and absolutely cannot wait to bring her home! Sinister loves other dogs! He will finally have a permanent companion. Someone he can lay around with, run with, swim with and play with. He is going to be so happy and so am I :D

I just had to gush about this!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Congrats! That is great news! I can just see Sin now....."I didn't do it, She did it!"

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! That is great news! I can just see Sin now....."I didn't do it, She did it!"
I know!! Hahaha, I wont be able to put the blame on Sin because he wont be the only dog! She'll probably get him into trouble, he is a follower not a leader, I think that she will end up being the dominant one and hopefully a better guard dog :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sinister barks and growls at the door but once the person comes into the house Sin turns into a big silly baby. If it were a robber he would probably show him where all the goods are and leave willingly with him.

I hope this female will be my protector :rofl:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
LOL I think I've owned your dog before hahhahaha. My old dog would've probably helped carry the goods out of the house so long as he was allowed to get in the front seat of the car on the get-a-way

Grats on the future pup. I just found my new breeder today as well such an exciting moment isn't it :) Been searching forever finally found the perfect breeder AND got approved it was a wonderful day can not wait.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL I think I've owned your dog before hahhahaha. My old dog would've probably helped carry the goods out of the house so long as he was allowed to get in the front seat of the car on the get-a-way

Grats on the future pup. I just found my new breeder today as well such an exciting moment isn't it :) Been searching forever finally found the perfect breeder AND got approved it was a wonderful day can not wait.
Congratulations! :congratulations:

When will get your little bundle of joy?
Have you decided on a boy or a girl?
Name?
Color Preference?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm officially jealous :( I can't access the different smiley's I know the basic ones by heart but when I open the link it freezes up and reboots my computer grrrrr.

No clue when we are getting the pup. The breeder does not have a little on the ground or really even planned quite yet well not a specific date planned anyways. Then it depends on how many people are on their waiting list, what kind of pups they are looking for and what pups are produced in the litter to see when there is one for me.

If everything is identical we would ideally prefer a male however it is not a requirement. Would rather not miss out on the perfect pup because she's female when either one is really fine by us.

Same thing goes for color I've always had my preference which is the black/tans actually like black/red more prefer blanket backs and bi-colors but fine with all black and sables have grown on me. Don't mind whites but would not want to own one personally but I am looking at working lines so not exactly a worry there. Same thing goes with coat prefer a stock coat but should the female throw a long coat and it's the perfect pup for us we are definitely not opposed to it either.

We don't have a name or anything close to one lol. My husband said Romeo for a boy but this is the first time he has ever mentioned that name and I'm positive before there's even a litter on the ground that one would change.

What about you?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to go with a female because I have a male and feel that they might get along better if they are not the same sex.

I am looking for a medium drive dog. Sinister is medium drive and I want a dog that can keep up with him and I, but can relax with us as well.

I will hopefully be getting the puppy around September/October

I dont know why but I am not a huge fan of black/tans or black/reds, I think they are good looking dogs but I have no desire to own one :confused:

I think whites are pretty too but again, not for me.

I like dark dogs. So black, bi-color, dark sable or red sable are what I really prefer.

I know you cannot pick based on color but there is bound to be a puppy that is perfect for me that is one of those colors. Like Sinister, I was looking for a black GSD puppy and I found him and he is absolutely perfect for me.

I also prefer the plush coat, it's a perfect medium :) but I wouldn't mind a long coat.

I was thinking about naming her Malice because it goes with Sinister so well but I am big into Greek mythology and other names are capturing my heart. So I still dont know yet but Malice is winning.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Congrats!!

Seems like everyone is getting a puppy lately.lol. maybe not.lol

Sables are gorgeous I am thinking about a sable when I get a new puppy.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats Lauren, I know that 15 months will drive you up the wall, but I give you a lot of credit for knowing when the best time to bring in a new pup.

I know, I want one right now! I would absolutely love to have one right this very second but it is not the right time for me or for Sinister. I need to be in a better money situation and once I get my raises, my car payment disappears and Sin will be a little more mature, then that will be the perfect time to get a puppy, which is in September :D

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Awww congrats!!! I couldn't bare the wait grrrrrrrrrrr! I like the name Malice too :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awww congrats!!! I couldn't bare the wait grrrrrrrrrrr! I like the name Malice too :)

I am pretty sure Malice is going to be her name.

I hope these next 15 months go extremely fast. I cant wait for Sinister to have a little sister to run with. He is going to be so happy :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts