German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope Molly enjoys going to the beach as much as I do. I often wonder if the dogs appreciate the beauty of their landscapes. Anyway I'm so glad I have Molly, we've come under some difficulty due to my husband's health issues, but she keeps the days joyful. Thought I'd share of few of these days.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

the sky clearing after a storm:
[/URL][/IMG]

Sunset at Moss Landing
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
934 Posts
I lived in NorCal before moving back East. Miss it still... :crying: Oh, excuse me. Gorgeous pictures; you both look to be having so much fun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So sorry to hear of your husband's illness. I pray he gets better soon.

As for dogs appreciating natural beauty, I believe so, to a certain dog brain extent. Whether it can make their hearts sing as it can with ours, I don't know. I used to work in a park high atop a hill in Laguna Beach, Ca. Got to know many dog peeps and their dogs. Over the years, also had the chance to observe many dogs. I can say that many dogs did settle down (except for the noisy little yappers; always moving) and sit or lie with noses pointed towards the sunset on one side of the crest, or view the valley and the Santa Mountains on the other. They actually seemed to be calmed by the view and probably enjoyed the experience.

Other dogs in the park that were sitting or lying in the park where there weren't views, many times acted different. They seemed bored or watched people and things pass by their view, back and forth, back and forth. Anthropomorphising on my part perhaps, but it sure seems like the ones who have a view, calm down rather rapidly.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
What a beautiful dog. What is her breeding, may I ask?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
So sorry to hear about your husband's health I hope everything works out sending you good wishes. Can't seem to see the photos or any videos on this phone. Wanting to see those beach photos. We were at the beach the other day had the whole place to ourselves for miles and miles. I can tell you the dogs absolutely loved it not only the visual aspect but also the smells of the beach. They know where we are heading in the car miles away just catching the slightest of smells of salt in the air. Or the pine in the trees heading to the park for adventures in the trails.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Our previous GSD/mix was a very visual dog, when we traveled and drove by new and beautiful landscapes I could see her just relax and take it all in. With Molly, she is such a guard dog I can't tell if she's taking in the scenery, or being a vigilant watch dog. Hopefully a little of both.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Is she of German Show lines or German Working lines? Her size and the shape of her head, also her red color looks European to me. German show lines have to be titled in some kind of discipline in order to be bred. What a beautiful and noble looking dog you have.

Here is a link to pictures of the different types of GSDs German Shepherd Breed Types: Which is Right for You?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Those are some great photos of her at the beach! We also live on the CA coast, a little more up north. My puppy comes home this weekend and I can't wait until the day we are doing the same! Whenever things have gotten hard in life I have been grateful for the animal in my life :) We will keep your family in our prayers and are wishing your husband all the best!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Beautiful pictures, hope your husband is feeling better. I do think dogs have favorite places that they truly enjoy.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I hope your husband's health improves very soon! Dogs are great for helping us in stressful times. Beautiful pictures and beautiful dog!

·
Super Moderator
32,016 Posts
I'm so sorry about your husband's health and hope he's doing better soon. Tom and I both lost our mothers last year, within 3 months of each other, so I know how hard it can be.

Beautiful photos of Molly on the beach! We haven't taken the dogs to the beach in forever.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those are some great photos of her at the beach! We also live on the CA coast, a little more up north. My puppy comes home this weekend and I can't wait until the day we are doing the same! Whenever things have gotten hard in life I have been grateful for the animal in my life :) We will keep your family in our prayers and are wishing your husband all the best!
Thank you, and you must be so excited to welcome your new pup. You'll probably have to wait to take your pup to the beach until he/she gets all the vaccinations, and then you'll have an excuse to get out and explore.

And thank you to everyone else for your heart felt support for my husband. It really means a lot!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thank you, and you must be so excited to welcome your new pup. You'll probably have to wait to take your pup to the beach until he/she gets all the vaccinations, and then you'll have an excuse to get out and explore.

And thank you to everyone else for your heart felt support for my husband. It really means a lot!
Yes I will have to wait until she can go to the beach and I know she will love it when she has all her vaccinations and can let loose lol! My son and I love to get outdoors as much as possible and we're going to be patient until she is old enough to join our adventures :) Does your girl swim or get in the water?

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
I am sorry that your husband has been ill. Hope he recovers quickly. The beach looks like a perfect place to get away. Your boy looks very relaxed and happy.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I love your beach photos. I must admit that even thought I enjoy our winters, there are days I miss the beach season. Molly looks like she is enjoying every minute. Sending best wishes for your husbands health. I hope things improve for him soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts