German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few brags!

When we adopted Agis, (week and a half ago) he was very unsure outside - he'd been through the shelter system and it was completely foreign to him. He'd also we're quite sure never been walked on a leash and would just hit the ground if you tried to direct him (he spent most of his time lying down, to be honest, and it was very frustrating).

Yesterday - he started being willing to leave the yards of our complex and go for walks!!!!! He went for two 700-800m walks yesterday, so not a lot, but he's still 14 weeks. I'm going to build him up to do about 3k/day for now I think.

AND

He slept through the night last night! I woke up to take him out but I could tell he was asleep so figured if he needed to go he'd wake me and he didn't, he slept through to 6 am - GO AGIS!

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Yeah, congratulations! It sounds like he's beginning to settle in. I personally would be a bit cautious about walking the puppy anywhere other dogs frequent until he's fully vaccinated though, but I have lost more than one dog to distemper or parvo, so maybe I'm just gun shy...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good point. There's probably over 50 dogs in our building (24 stories, there's 8 on our floor, but I think we're particularly dense) so to some extent it's unavoidable but it is worth limiting. He gets his final booster tomorrow at least!

We got a bunch of snow yesterday, and it turns out, he loooooooves the snow!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts