German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was too far for him, we thought it was shorter then our Suunto watches showed, oops! Yesterday's hike (pics attached) was shorter and a far better Agis distance (5k). But he still had fun - and our beagle bayed lots!

And I've included some pics of Agis fetching snow on the rink on the lake outside our cabin!

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
I want to be there, I really do. Looks like awesome fun for all. Track and Tower is a gorgeous trail. I'd love to see it in winter. Thanks for sharing dog fun.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to be there, I really do. Looks like awesome fun for all. Track and Tower is a gorgeous trail. I'd love to see it in winter. Thanks for sharing dog fun.
The lookout and river with the rapids are sooooo pretty. Going up to the lookout is kind of sketchy and so is going down but as we were wearing icers and not snowshoes it was doable. But that's why I tobogganed behind Xerxes part of the way down!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Tobogganned? With a tobogan or on your butt? I used to call the latter bum-sledding. You need heaps of soft fresh snow + snow pants and a good hill. Best bum-sledding ever was Look-Out Trail. My husband and I started it on the downhill track, we just kept at it, some others joined in, but by that time we were exposing rocks. Those coming after us may not have had quite such a good time.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bum-sledding, actually! I just had Xerxes pull me down. Had a lot of snow in my crotch by the bottom lol! The Lookout Trail does have a good down hill that'd be good on. They're not plowing that parking lot this year I don't think, for whatever reason. They don't seem to be plowing as much as normal.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Pines Trail is at the bottom of the hill, they might have that plowed, but walking up the edge of the hwy might be scary.
I don't think they're plowing Big Pines either! All the usual ones aren't. I should ask at the West Gate though, I don't want to drive all the way over there if it's not going to be plowed. Toby's been running on the highway for some road runs but I'm less enthused :)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
re: big pines, that would limit things. Looks like you are having tons of fun though.
Yeah we're having a great time! I did an 8k snowshoe run on Western Uplands yesterday, going to do a longer one tomorrow on Minesing and then Saturday we go home. Those are sans dogs of course. I'm supposed to ski today but feeling a bit lazy.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I think you realized I'm taking vicarious pleasure in your winter fun. I would love to do this, but I shouldn't complain. I just went skiing before lunch and will ski again before supper. I live close to fantastic trails in southern ontario, still, being in a cabin away from it all,.....mmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I'm jealous you're so close to ski trails! That's amazing! We are lucky to be close to trails in High Park but it's still not the same.

I agree, the cabin life is lovely. And it's coming to an end tomorrow morning waaaaaah! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts