German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took pics off my phone onto my computer - let's try this.

Agis is 3 months old, we've had him for 3 nights going onto the third day. He's a smart little guy.

He was completely un-housebroken but for the last two nights has woken us up asking to go out - smart boy - and is slowly getting it. He's really sweet, starting to bite, good at redirecting onto toys though. Slowly getting better with Xerxes and Neb, they all played last night (well we kind of had to hold onto Neb because it was late and Neb is loud when he plays (we live in an apartment), as well, Neb's barks make Agis drop - no bad thing to command that kind of respect!).

Attachments

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
AW! He is adorable. They all are. So glad everything is going smoothly.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AW! He is adorable. They all are. So glad everything is going smoothly.
He is a cutie.

He does bug Xerxes, but they're getting along better and that they've actually started playing - everyone's starting to get used to each other. I think it makes Toby feel way better, he was really worried about Xerxes. I'm happy to because Agis will be the biggest so I want him to be able to get used to socializing with Neb and Xerxes now.

Reactions: Stevenzachsmom

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! So far they're settling in well.

He does cry during the day when crated and we're not home (he's fine at night because I'm next to him in bed) so our neighbour two floors up messaged us today - she's at home during the day - all concerned - but she was super aww, I took him to meet her and she cuddled him for a good 30 minutes and said no worries. People one floor up aren't at home during the day.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
it's always seemed to me after the break in period that puppies breathe new life into older dogs. They seem to regain a step or two. Your puppy is adorable.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope they do. Agis is pretty chill but when he's on he drives them a bit bonkers (sometimes; last night they played...tonight...bonkers).

I actually worry Agis is TOO chill. I don't remember Neb being this sleepy all the time. When Agis does play it's pretty lazy (edit: except for wrestling with the other boys).

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agis playing lazily - or is this normal for a 3 month old and I've forgotten what Neb was like in the mists of time? I don't know whether to be concerned about his energy level.

He was neutered at the shelter, recently enough his fur hasn't started growing back though the incision is fairly healed looking, is getting over mild kennel cough, has ringworm, and has been with us for 3 days after being moved at least 4 times prior through the rescue system. So he's been through a lot in a short time. Perhaps it's to be expected but I don't know whether I should be concerned.

Not sure if we can post video so link to short clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5O03Paneul/

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I take it back he's probably fine...he's only hyper right before bed though!

Him and Xerxes wrestling after some tug of war between them: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5O_BduH_G5/

(In case we can't post videos, IG link)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agis playing lazily - or is this normal for a 3 month old and I've forgotten what Neb was like in the mists of time? I don't know whether to be concerned about his energy level.

He was neutered at the shelter, recently enough his fur hasn't started growing back though the incision is fairly healed looking, is getting over mild kennel cough, has ringworm, and has been with us for 3 days after being moved at least 4 times prior through the rescue system. So he's been through a lot in a short time. Perhaps it's to be expected but I don't know whether I should be concerned.

Not sure if we can post video so link to short clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5O03Paneul/
Roundworm not ringworm! Yikes wrong worm

·
Registered
2,095 Posts

I'm following your journey with Agis, awww, he gorgeous! In his photos he appears to be missing fur around his eyes, an expert hopefully will chime in, but, with his history, maybe check it isn't mange.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm following your journey with Agis, awww, he gorgeous! In his photos he appears to be missing fur around his eyes, an expert hopefully will chime in, but, with his history, maybe check it isn't mange.
That's actually astute - hmm. He's been to our vet, so I hope they would've noticed. He doesn't have any crustiness which I associate with mange but I also know next to nothing about it. The rest of his fur is quite full and soft.

Off to do some reading!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We saw the vet tonight anyways so I asked. She said not mange (which I was quite certain of) and not allergies (which I thought probably not - nothing anywhere else and he doesn't scratch).

Because the skin around his eyes is quite calm, and his eyes themselves are fine, it's just likely the margin around his eyes that will likely fill in/maybe not. I was looking at Xerxes's eyes (our beagle) and he has something somewhat similar but his fur and skin are the same colour so it's not noticeable. Neb's fur goes right to his eyelashes in contrast.

But phew!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts