German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this area isn’t too active, but I think my dog would enjoy agility, and I’m just wondering if anyone has experience with the places that teach it near Danville, CA. I know ARF teaches it, and I think the Contra Costa GSD Club also teaches it. It seems like I’ve heard of at least one other place, too.

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
i wish the inactivity could be blamed on it being the weekend... i also wish that i had more solid leads for you. it’s a hike, but i know that marin humane (novato) has a pretty active agility scene. seems to be at the for fun / beginner level. i have observed the oakland dog training club, as they are actually in richmond, not far from me. seems like a nice group of folks... it just wasn’t right for my pup at the time. i believe they meet regularly in richmond but i went to a practice that i sort of remember being held in hayward. last but not least - i once went for a group walk with the bay area german shepherd meetup(.com) group, and many of them train regularly at cooperhaus in menlo park. it’s a wide range of training that includes agility, advanced ob and some bitework - but you can participate in as much or as little as you’d like. they generally have a calendar of what they’re working on at each meeting. i no longer get the invites tho.

if all else fails, if you google “bay area agility”, all the listing i saw had pretty favorable ratings.

good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the leads! I found the Mt. Diablo Dog Training Club website, which looks good. Unfortunately, I just missed the start date for their classes, but I plan to call next week to find out when they start again. They meet in Concord, which is a bit closer to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts