German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would I go about buying good quality agility equipment and about how much would it cost me? Also how hard is it to set it up? Please do not suggest that I make my own as I am not handy at all.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Vicky, don't take this the wrong way- but have you attempted a google search? I just googled "agility equipment" and found all kinds of links, including prices. Obviously I can't comment on the quality of any of them- but you certainly could google opinions on specific brands.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Here are a few places we have purchased equipment:

J & J Dog Supplies - Dog Training equipment for Dog Obedience, Dog Agility, Dog Flyball, and more. (chute & teeter)

Dog Agility Equipment Manufactured by Max 200 (weave bases)

NTI Global :: Amsterdam, NY 12010 1-800-947-7767 (tunnel)

We built our jumps including a broad jump, tire jump, and regular jumps. You can purchase most of what you need to build jumps at a local hardware store. The only thing I couldn't find was 5-way crosses. I got those online at www.usplastic.com . We also built our own A-frame and dog walk using the obstacle specifications found in the AKC agility regs. http://www.akc.org/pdfs/rulebooks/REAGIL.pdf You don't need to be super handy to build most of the obstacles. It's actually kind've fun.

Editing to add: We originally used sliding jump cups. Now that we have people coming over for regular training, the jump cups didn't cut it and we bought jump cup strips from Clean Run. ( www.cleanrun.com )

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts