German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, im new here and a question. You all seems very knowledgable so hopefully you can help out.

We have a male GSD that we got from a couple who had him for a year and basically kept him in a crate the majority of the time. Luckily we got him out of that situation and now he is doing pretty well. The problem that we are having right now is whenever he is on the leash and sees another dog, wether it be 5 ft away or 25 yards away, he starts jumping and pulling in the direction of the other dog. If the dog is close, he jumps, pulls, and starts barking. Now I am not sure if this is aggression as his tail is wagging the whole time, or if he is just super excited when he sees another dog, but no matter what, it comes off as aggression and scary to those other owners. I feel bad because he is such a sweet guy, but it doesnt come through as he is doing that.

So, any help or suggestions you can provide would be greatly. Also, Mods, if you feel this is in the wrong forum please repost. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
correct, his tail is wagging in a high position, which is why i was leaning towards wanting to play. But like I said, it doesnt come off that way to the other owners walking past. Is there any way to go about curbing his enthusiasm ... or atleast getting it under control?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the help and suggestions! I will definatley be picking up the CU book. We did enroll with a private trainer but we were not happy with him at all ... and in our location their arent that many trainers around.

We know a couple people with friendly dogs ... and yes, from what we heard he was heavily isolated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.