German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 mo old girl that is wonderful with everyone she meets as long as they don't have 4 legs. She goes crazy barking with her hair standing up if a dog walks down the sidewalk in front of our house. This makes it really bad because we have a bike path behind our house so there is a lot of traffic with people walking their dogs.

It seems to be fear aggression because if the dog barks back or looks at her wrong she tucks her tail running but the turns back around and barks again. But as of late she seems to be getting more brave about it and not running away as easily. I've had several GSD in the past but have never ran into this before. Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It may just be reactivity, not aggression. How does she do once she greets dogs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may just be reactivity, not aggression. How does she do once she greets dogs?
We have not been able to let her greet any of them because she is barking so much that people don't want her around their dog. I don't know anyone with a larger dog. We do have a 6 year old Bichon that she is fine with but she has been around him since she was 10 weeks old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts