German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
my GSD just turned 9 months old. we have had her since she was 4 months. she is a big lover. she loves women and is for the most part well behaved. listens to commands well, plays nice with children. we take her to the dog park a few times a week. she is submissive when it comes to other dogs, unless they try to attack her. the problem i am having is she can be aggressive on leash especially towards men. a woman can come up to her bend over and pet her and she is fine. however if a man does it, she will bark. at first she would bark and try and run away. however, she is becoming more bold and now will bark, growl and show her hackles. she doesnt do this to every guy. some men can come up to her and pet her and she is fine. however, we went to get her chipped and the tech lady went to put a slip collar and leash on her and she did this. also, she did this to our vet today whom she has barked at from the beginning. but she loves all the ladies in the office.if she is off leash she does a lot better than on leash. can this aggression be cured with obedience training. we will be putting her in a basic training class next month. i dont want this to get any worse. i dont want her to bite anyone and i am afraid she might. any suggestions?

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
she's aggressive with men but starting to show signs of
aggressive with women (the Vet tech). socialize, socialize
and socialize. train, train and train. find a trainer (private lessons) , my first thought or a class.

hi,
my GSD just turned 9 months old. we have had her since she was 4 months. she is a big lover. she loves women and is for the most part well behaved. listens to commands well, plays nice with children. we take her to the dog park a few times a week. she is submissive when it comes to other dogs, unless they try to attack her. the problem i am having is she can be aggressive on leash especially towards men. a woman can come up to her bend over and pet her and she is fine. however if a man does it, she will bark. at first she would bark and try and run away. however, she is becoming more bold and now will bark, growl and show her hackles. she doesnt do this to every guy. some men can come up to her and pet her and she is fine. however, we went to get her chipped and the tech lady went to put a slip collar and leash on her and she did this. also, she did this to our vet today whom she has barked at from the beginning. but she loves all the ladies in the office.if she is off leash she does a lot better than on leash. can this aggression be cured with obedience training. we will be putting her in a basic training class next month. i dont want this to get any worse. i dont want her to bite anyone and i am afraid she might. any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts