German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mia 4Health for Large breed dogs. After researching and reading reviews, I feel that this is a pretty good food that won't break the bank.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
It's tough to find a food that works for your dog. It's also hard to go on advice from others because every dog is different. Good luck wth your choice!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, she just had her first taste of the 4Health and she loves it. Hope it works out well. I have to drive 12 miles to the nearest Tractor Supply. I had called earlier and they had three bags left. When I got there, there were two bags and a gentleman right after me got the last one. Whew!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Lucky you! That would have been a pain to get there and then be out! I've heard others use it on the board and their dogs do well. In fact I met a dog on it and their fur was very nice.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lucky you! That would have been a pain to get there and then be out! I've heard others use it on the board and their dogs do well. In fact I met a dog on it and their fur was very nice.
Yes, I was lucky. LOL!! I think I'll stock up on the stuff. There's nothing I hate more than going for dog food and they be sold out. The closest Tractor Supply besides the one I went to is over an hour a way.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
4Health Large Breed has been very good for keeping my senior trim and fit; he has a natural tendency towards overweight. If your dog is naturally on the leaner side you might want to watch out for too much weight loss.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
my dogs LOVE 4health. I had to stock up. I buy when i can just to avoid running out and them not having any. So far they're all doing fabulous on it though Riley has so many allergies he's a tough nut to crack on what to feed him.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4Health Large Breed has been very good for keeping my senior trim and fit; he has a natural tendency towards overweight. If your dog is naturally on the leaner side you might want to watch out for too much weight loss.
She's was 23 inches tall and 66 pounds and 12 months old. She's 14 months old now and seems to be in the same poportion as she was two months ago. I hope she doesn't lose weight.

Here's a picture of her at 12 months. The angle is bad because I was standing over her so she looks smaller.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
If she seems to be looking thinner you can switch to the high-performance. It's more caloricly dense and made Rocky pork up a bit.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
The breeder I got my pups feed primarily raw but also 4Health and are very happy with it. They are way into all natural- they raise their own chickens and turkeys, to feed organic eggs, goats for milk, you get the idea. So if they feed 4Health it must be pretty decent especially for the price. They have about 14 dogs to feed. From what I understand it's made by Diamond which also make Taste of the Wild, but I could be wrong. Hope it works well

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just curious... I know it is mostly personal preference but why did you choose 4Health. I was just wondering because I saw that you were looking at Diamond also and I've been looking as well at different foods. What was the final decision maker? :thinking:

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i know for us it was price. it also came highly recommended as a better quality food for our budget. I know my dogs have certainly improved coat wise. They're also happier to eat all their food too.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just curious... I know it is mostly personal preference but why did you choose 4Health. I was just wondering because I saw that you were looking at Diamond also and I've been looking as well at different foods. What was the final decision maker? :thinking:
I liked that it doesn't contain any wheat or corn. I also lke that it's formulated for large breed dogs with glucosamine and chondroitin. The price for the quality of food is really good and from reading reviews from people who feed it.

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Just to let you know, kibble with glucosamine and chondrotin are never enough to make a difference in your dog. If you're worried about joint health, I suggest you supplement with that seperatly.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Just to let you know, kibble with glucosamine and chondrotin are never enough to make a difference in your dog. If you're worried about joint health, I suggest you supplement with that seperatly.
There is a new study released in Britain that gluc/chon may not do anything at all,it was as ineffective as a placebo,but it certainly has helped sell product.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I can say emphatically that a high-quality supplement of glucos/chondroit/msm has done wonderful things for my knees.

Also, on an as-fed basis, the 4Health Large breed has as much glucos. and chondroit. as my supplement. It does not have MSM and I doubt it's as good quality as the supplement I'm taking.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can say emphatically that a high-quality supplement of glucos/chondroit/msm has done wonderful things for my knees.

Also, on an as-fed basis, the 4Health Large breed has as much glucos. and chondroit. as my supplement. It does not have MSM and I doubt it's as good quality as the supplement I'm taking.

Yes, it's helped my husband's back tremendously. He has two herniated discs.:)

·
Registered
398 Posts
fed 4Health for a while. Dogs had loose poop, even months later after started feeding. Switched to Diamond Naturals, very similar and a couple of dollars cheaper per bag plus 5 pounds more per bag. Much better results.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts