German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there... my kids have been telling me for a few weeks now that Brewski will not go in the yard if the dog in the yard behind is out. I had not noticed this myself as the two of them would play together, for the first few months we had Brewski, he would go for a play visit in the neighbours yard. We have a lab in the yard beside and Brewski has no problem going into our yard when "Bailey" is in her yard, but if the Schnauzer behind is out Brewski will stand at the door with only his head out. I noticed this today even though my kids have noticed it for a few weeks now. I went out and tried to coax Brewski out to fetch his stick and so forth but to no avail, he would not come out till Charlie went in. What possibly could have him so intimidated by such a little dog? (Charlie is friendly, to people and Brewski and him used to play together) So what could of happened?

·
Registered
319 Posts
How old is Brewski? Helios went through a fear stage with a few dogs in particular. It started out of nowhere and then one day he didn't fear them anymore..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is Brewski? Helios went through a fear stage with a few dogs in particular. It started out of nowhere and then one day he didn't fear them anymore..
Brewski turned 1 yr this past September....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried to get him out with and without leash, coaxing with treats and toys. He puts everything he has into getting back in the house and only sticking is nose out to look. It is only when this particular dog is out in the yard behind, on walks he will is very social. When Baily the dog beside is out Brewski can not wait to run up and down the fence line attempting to play.

The slightest glance of Charlie being in the yard behind puts Brewski into "you will get out there when ____ freezes over"

I don't understand as the last time they were together Charlie and Brewski were playing in Charlie's yard on a play date.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts