German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently got my German Shepherd two months ago. She was born November 24th which makes her 5 months. She is a handful. When I got Aerial she wasn’t house broken she didn’t know how to walk on a leash she kind of was all over the place. She mastered walking on a leash within weeks. Now if only I could get her to use the bathroom outside and not in her crate we will be good. She also eats her poop which is gross. I think she does that because she doesn’t want to get in trouble.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello I recently got my German Shepherd two months ago. She was born November 24th which makes her 5 months. She is a handful. When I got Aerial she wasn’t house broken she didn’t know how to walk on a leash she kind of was all over the place. She mastered walking on a leash within weeks. Now if only I could get her to use the bathroom outside and not in her crate we will be good. She also eats her poop which is gross. I think she does that because she doesn’t want to get in trouble.
She might eat it to not get in trouble (if she's 'punished' for it), or because of nutrition deficiency or just because she likes the taste (my girl couldn't get enough of cows poo :eek: )

Tons of articles and videos how to house break a dog. Pick one, that doesn't punish dog, but rewards and motivates dog.

//We had always great relationship in this issue. Whenever my girl had (or will have for medical reason) accident, she will go look for somebody in home and lead him/her to it. So he/she can clean it. She noticed that we always clean it, so she is making sure we immediately know about that. Nothing like puppy licking your face in 3am to go mop the living room. :laugh2: Obviously that's because we don't punish these accidents.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
You should not punish your puppy for eliminating in the house... You SHOULD take that as a clue that YOU need to step up your game and eliminate the opportunity she has for making that mistake!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If she has a nutritional deficiency it isn’t because of how about she knocks over the food and the water bowl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts