German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my khaleesi and Leia are sisters. They are 4 months. I have been feeding them blue wilderness for large breed puppy. They eat it just fine.

Just some opinions please:

IF I was to decide to switch food is authority, natural choice, ideal balance good choices??

Is pedigree good food? I know it's not as fancy as the above mentioned.... But what do y'all think? Thx

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I don't like any of the foods you listed, pedigree is bottom of the barrel.

If your looking to save money and want a decent food , try Diamond products.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K.......is authority good for them?

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
It's been a while since I've bought from Costco, cant remember which ones, but several of their foods are decent and made by diamond.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Taste of the Wild

Am not familiar with the brands you mentioned, we use Taste of the Wild and are very happy with it. Switch flavors from bag to bad and the girls really like it.

I love Khaleesi as a name and just may use it for our next female. From GoT?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yea can't say there is many out there with that name, we named our boy Gatticus after the guy in Spartacus and then we come to find out his name was Gannicus :D so we stuck with Gatticus because we liked it better :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
Blue Buffalo Wilderness is top of the line 5/5 star food no doubt and probably second only to Orijen. With that said, $55-$60 per 24lb bag is pretty pricey when there are cheaper but still good alternatives.

For those on a budget, and still want a quality grain free food, I've seen Kirkland Signature Nature's Domain recommended by a lot of people, and I did the switch myself too.

It's $33 per 35lb bag for the Salmon formula, but the catch is that it's only sold at Costco.

The biggest apparent difference is that instead of 34% protein (Wilderness Salmon Formula), you'll be feeding 24% protein. On one hand, it's debatable if a dog really needs more protein as many dogs are healthy on lesser protein. On the other hand, more protein is closer to a wolf's diet, so this is your call.

I don't like pedigree because meat isn't the primary ingredient, so I would stay away from that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My male and female love Taste of the Wild. Their coats are wonderful and they have great muscle tone and energy. Good stools and they are always regular going as well. I use pacific stream flavor right now and they shine and always get complements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts