German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am a new puppy owner, even though i have owned several rescued adults, and i have a few questions. My female is 16 weeks old, has been taught basic commands such as sit, down, stay, etc and is already leash trained. Is there anything else i should be doing with her at this age besides socializing and creating a bond with her? She is already around horses, goats, rabbits, my blue heeler puppy, my 3 yo old son, hubby, grand parents, etc. I am waiting for an obedience class to start to get her in also. I trained my female blue heeler, who is now six months, and she is already house broken, knows commands, leash trained and socialized also but i know each breed is a little different so any and all advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Sounds like you are off to a great start! keep up with the socializing and training you are doing. Teach some fun tricks. PLAY and enjoy your puppy. Take lots of pictures and share them here :)

With 2 puppies in the house make sure you keep them separated and do not allow them to play with each other all the time or they (especially the new pup) will bond to each other and not you.

If you haven't already, while she's still small work on touching ears, feet, muzzle, etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts