German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm getting a plush-coated white German Shepherd July 2 and I'm SO excited. Also, I know some are iffy to call white Shepherds German but oh well, I love her all the same. Her and her litter mates turned 4 weeks today. So as you can tell from the title, I've never owned a GSD before and was wondering if you had any random advice or tips to a newbie? I've done a ton of research and have asked every owner of one I've met- but just anything you wish you knew before getting one or something that surprised you! I have specified with the breeder that I'm looking for the calmest most easy going female puppy they have, as I know how intense the breed can be! Not looking to end up with something above my ability.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yes. SuperG is correct pictures are mandatory. ;)

Best advice: Buy industrial size box of bandaids for the landsharking, a gallon of an enzymatic cleaner for the house training accidents, and several gallons of your adult beverage of choice for your nerves.

Then relish every trying, annoying, hair pulling, you got into WHAT moment.

Puppyhood goes by too fast.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Awe, precious. I've had quite a few foster puppies over the years, and I always make sure I secure any exposed power cords around the house. We've had to put a few cords through PVC pipes to make sure the piranha teeth couldn't get to them.

I'm sure the next 4 weeks will be 4 very long weeks for you, lol. I know they would be for me if I was waiting for one of those little cuties :)

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
most important, don't allow any puppy behaviors that you don't want to see in an adult dog. Jumping and pawing to get attention may be cute in a puppy but with an 80lb dog it's a different story.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually am a dog trainer at petsmart so I know about a lot of that stuff! And yeah, I'm so anxious to get her. Basically all I can think/talk about! Lol. I'm stuck between the names Deja and Luxe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Voodoolamb is exactly right! Lol! Our first GSD pup is almost 4 months old. And there have definitely been some "moments!" Patience is key, buts easier said than done! Best of luck with your new pup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts