German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't posted in sometime now but Happy turned one on March 13th and lately I've noticed her having problems with her hips. Every once in a while it seems they just appear weak or after play time she'll slip a little or especially when she goes to cut you can see she drastically slows down. I plan on having her X-rays done but I wanted to know when would be a good time to? Also any types of supplements or vitamens I could start giving her to help with it! Thanks y'all! View attachment 217570

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Since Happy is having problems now with her hips, I would suggest taking her to the vet and have the x-rays done rather than wait. For supplements, I give Nordic Omega Pet gels, NuPro Silver, and K-9 Arthoflex.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I've been giving her vitamin C as well as omegas, I had someone say that I should try giving her a small dosage of a horse hip and joint liquid they use for their shepherd? Any inputs on that?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I don't know about the liquid. The K-9 Arthoflex I give is also used for horses just under the name Arthoflex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts