German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is about 1.5 yrs old. For a few weeks now, she has a faint smell that reminded me of her puppy smell when I first got her at 9 weeks old. It's not a bad odor and is not strong. She is healthy, not in heat. I tried to think what may contribute to this and the only thing I can think of that is different is I started to feed her a local sourced raw goat milk daily (at least a cup) for couple weeks now.

Is there anyone who feeds raw goat milk frequently that noticed the same or have thoughts about where the smell is from?

I kind of enjoy it but am curious.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm just curious, why are you feeding an adult dog milk? Never heard of people doing that

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just curious, why are you feeding an adult dog milk? Never heard of people doing that
It provides good enzymes. You can google it. I think quite a few people who has access to it feeds it to their dogs. The goat farmer I get it from feeds it to her dog and reported good results.

Both my dogs love it. I pour into a soup plate, let the little non-GSD drink it first. Meanwhile, the GSD sits there quietly waiting for her turn, with drools dripping from her mouth. Then after a moment or so, I stop the little one from drinking, wipe his mouth, then look at the GSD who is intensely staring into my eyes (she has to focus on me before she gets stuff) still with drools forming in her mouth. Then I release her to drink the milk left in the same plate. The little moments that I treasure. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts