Thanks everybody for your response! He's estimated to be due for adoption next year, and I'm just trying to figure things out and decide on whether I should adopt him (or let somebody else).
Answering @David Winners
Was he ever aggressive with you?
- No, he's never been aggressive towards me and I think we really bonded well
When he bit other people, are you referring to street bites or to unwarranted bites?
- the bite happened in the first week of me handling him. I did not muzzle him and a buddy of mine was walking by, and he just lunged at him and started humping him, when my friend pushed him away, he bit his arms (I don't think it was a minor bite). Since then I've always muzzled him when out, unless I'm alone with him.
If they were unwarranted, how bad were the bites?
- answered above!
Do you use some type of correction collar with him?
- no, we've never used that before.
What is your schedule like? How long will he need to be in a kennel daily? How committed are you to fulfilling his exercise and work needs?
- I'm studying now and it's all conducted online, but once I graduate next year it'll probably be an office job or largely working from home due to my work. I will definitely be bringing him out on two or more walks daily and definitely more. I dare to say that he will definitely be out way more than he is now in his current camp.
When you say guard dog, do you mean a roving security dog, trained to attack intruders on sight?
- yup, he is an attack dog and will attack (bite) on command.
How is his OB? Bomb proof recall? Out? Down stay?
- he is not very motivated, so I can make him do the basic drills but he's always a little slow. But he definitely can come, down, sit and heel without problems.
How dog savvy are your parents?
- sadly, they are not very experienced with dogs